• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    thank you for this info. Am going to tenn. this summer and its good to know that kentucky and tennessee both honor our states rtcf.
    That isn't true anymore.
    Tennessee does NOT honor the Indiana permit anymore.
    I was reading off the official TN website here:
    Handgun Carry Permit Reciprocity Information

They ONLY have written agreements with other states that have photo-ID handgun permits (as is written on their official website).

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    That isn't true anymore.
    Tennessee does NOT honor the Indiana permit anymore.
    I was reading off the official TN website here:
    Handgun Carry Permit Reciprocity Information

They ONLY have written agreements with other states that have photo-ID handgun permits (as is written on their official website).

Are you looking at the "facially valid" part? That doesn't refer to a photo, just a fancy way of saying the permit is valid on the face of it... that it looks valid, i.e. not expired, etc.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Oh boy, not this again. TN does recognize IN's LTCH.

As Joe says, "facially valid" does not mean a photo-ID-permit.
    TN does not have a reciprocity agreement with IN because they don't need one with IN.

You are reading/interpreting the TN web site incorrectly.

#1 - recognizes IN permit.
    #3 - TN has reciprocity agreements with other states that require them. IN does not require them. Therefore, there's no agreement listed with IN.

RHorn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    The NRA website states that as of July 2009 these states honor Indiana's permits:

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi,
    Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota,
    Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Wyoming

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    What if you are traveling to Missouri and you cross the state of Illinois> What are you to do.
    and don't stop, even for gas. Federal Firearms Transit laws permit you to travel across unfriendly territory, so long as you are legal in your departure state and your destination state.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    the handgunlaw.us website has been updated as of jan 18 2010 it shows ohio as accepting our license now.

Make sure you don't have both Ohio and Indiana checked. If you check only Indiana, it still show Ohio as not accept our LTCH, which they don't :(

amorrisfarm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Thanks for the link to the Handgun laws map. Very helpfull . I have been wondering what the laws were about having a loaded handgun in my travel trailer.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Funny that Indiana honors Ohio residents CC but Ohio does not honor ours?:ar15:

Indiana Permit Not Honored:
    California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, District of Columbia

Ohio is also the home of Ohio State. :moon:

Zachoff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    N.W. Indiana
    You can get a Utah or Florida Non-resident permit, along with your Indiana and then be legal in Ohio and a few more States, Right? Both States require a NRA or similar firearm training class as part of their permit approval. Utah has a five year permit and I think it is under $100.00.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    You can get a Utah or Florida Non-resident permit, along with your Indiana and then be legal in Ohio and a few more States, Right? Both States require a NRA or similar firearm training class as part of their permit approval. Utah has a five year permit and I think it is under $100.00.

correct, UT and IN licenses combined get you 34 states one of them being OH. UT you have to take a class by a certified instructor and the cost of the permit is 65.25 for a 5 year permit. now the cost of the class is an additional expense and is 100.00 to 125.00 depending on where you go, but it is WELL worth it! great class with alot of great info.

gblank

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Too bad I live in Lake County, ten minutes from Illinois, and I can't carry. Their laws are stupid when it comes to the carry and ownership issues. I like Mayor Daley, but I think he is wrong when it comes to the firearms issues.

Mayor Daley is part of the problem in Ill. (the Chicago Machine)

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Funny that Indiana honors Ohio residents CC but Ohio does not honor ours?:ar15:
    Indiana honors permits from every state that offers them. A lot of states that require aplicants to pass a firearms course, do not recognize carry permits from states, like Indiana, that don't require testing. I don't like it, but it is logical.

Top Bottom