• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cowboy 44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    i work in louisville and i have people constanly telling me that its illegal to carry my pistol in ky, or its illegal to carry it concealed. i know it was legal but i was still unsure about if it had be a "open carry" or you could conceal it

harrisonpainter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Yes. Indiana for the most part respects the freedom, liberty, and right to carry a handgun, the requirement of getting a license to do so notwithstanding. That someone else does not does not mean we should change our rules to punish them. Instead, we should focus our efforts on correcting their laws, showing their legislators that we have very few incidents, perhaps even fewer per capita than do they, (though I've not checked whether that's fact or not.) If their legislators figure out that their state is losing tourism dollars, that might be another reason why they might change the laws. Regardless, our laws are mostly good, but also have room for improvement. Let's us concentrate on changing things for the better, not adding restrictions to anyone.

Agree 100%!!!!!!!!! :yesway:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Constitutional Carry would be wonderful, but I'd really like to see a removal of the prohibition on carry on school property by LTCH holders... it's not like we're a threat there or anywhere else. I would also be tickled to see the removal of the prohibition on carry at the State Capitol. In short, I want to see the end of the "gun free zone"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7pGt_O1uM8[/ame]

Blessings,
    Bill

ckyoursix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Over by there
    This might have been covered in an earlier post, but I did not see it. I have an indiana LTCH with an NRA pistol cert. in what states can I get a carry permit with this paper.

jon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    central illinois
    Have patience with me, I am kind of new to this. I am an Illinois resident with a Florida non-resident permit. Indiana does not honor the permit and it is illegal for me to carry in Indiana because I am not a Florida resident?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Have patience with me, I am kind of new to this. I am an Illinois resident with a Florida non-resident permit. Indiana does not honor the permit and it is illegal for me to carry in Indiana because I am not a Florida resident?

You may carry in Indiana on your FL non-resident permit. Quite legal.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Constitutional Carry would be wonderful, but I'd really like to see a removal of the prohibition on carry on school property by LTCH holders... it's not like we're a threat there or anywhere else. I would also be tickled to see the removal of the prohibition on carry at the State Capitol. In short, I want to see the end of the "gun free zone"

Will there be an age restriction? In other words, should kids under 18 be allowed to carry guns? I'm of two minds:

1. Teenage kids may have trouble controlling impulse or making judgment calls. Do we want to arm kids and let them have grade disputes with teachers?

2. The kids at the high school I went to used to get mugged regularly on campus by gun-wielding motherglockers. They'd come in during lunch time, or during class time and just work through the class rooms. They usually outarmed the security, and so campus security usually was too afraid to do anything. If we had guns, we would have been able to protect ourselves.

Da Bing

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Will there be an age restriction? In other words, should kids under 18 be allowed to carry guns? I'm of two minds:

1. Teenage kids may have trouble controlling impulse or making judgment calls. Do we want to arm kids and let them have grade disputes with teachers?

2. The kids at the high school I went to used to get mugged regularly on campus by gun-wielding motherglockers. They'd come in during lunch time, or during class time and just work through the class rooms. They usually outarmed the security, and so campus security usually was too afraid to do anything. If we had guns, we would have been able to protect ourselves.

Da Bing

It'd likely be treated much like alcohol, tobacco, ...

Sounds like the ATF.

Same as with the age of consent, too, which Indiana is also lenient with (moreso than other states)

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    It'd likely be treated much like alcohol, tobacco, ...

Sounds like the ATF.

Same as with the age of consent, too, which Indiana is also lenient with (moreso than other states)

But would that be right? I mean kids need to protect themselves, too, from very serious dangers when the society fails them, and fails them regularly. And the 2A says nothing about the age of consent.

Should we let Big Brother take our guns away if we are just a bit younger?

Da Bing

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    In response to Jeckle regarding an upcoming trip _through_ WV.
    (and I don't know why everyone failed to mention this)
    The peaceable journey law applies here.
    As long as you are legal to carry in your state of departure and are legal to carry at your destination, you can carry your firearms with you.
    (now, part of that interstate clause is that you cannot stop to get gas or take a ****..just drive through)

And on the issue of Gun Free zones....they should label those as Victimization Zones.
    (as if a criminal with _illegal_ possession of a weapon will stop because there is yet another law they are breaking.)
    When I take my kids to school, I still have my handgun with me.
    Perfectly legal (as long as I do not leave my vehicle)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Da Bing

I would say that that would be a decision that would be the child's parents' to make and not a proper role of government.

Blessings,
    Bill

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Are there any circumstances under which an Indiana resident can carry in Illinois?

1. If they are active or retired law enforcement officers covered under LEOSA.

2. Anyone else must "carry" according to the restrictions of IL law.
    That generally means unloaded and completely encased (for most of the state).

Top Bottom