• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    i live in iniana and have a indiana permit. just wish i could carry in ohio i work there every day and work basically at mitchell ave and vine. one of the nicest parts of town ha! is there a easy way to be able to carry in ohio? ive looked into a ohio permit but u have to have a ohio adress.

Yep, Mitchell & Vine....Real nice intersection....Glad I can carry in Ohio....But wait, I have a Utah permit so I'm legal.....

Assuming you live in SE Indiana....there have been at least two classes for the Utah permit. One was in Batesville and another was in Brookville. You shoulda been there, you'd be legal now!!!!

Ben 95cobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Yes, there's an easy way to carry in Ohio, but not an inexpensive one.

The Florida non-resident permit allows you to do so. You must show some form of training, like the IN hunter education course or an NRA class and pay Florida $117 or so every four years.

Another option is the Utah non-resident permit. You pay for the class with a certified Utah instructor (there are at least two here on INGO) and then pay Utah $65.25. Five years later, you pay Utah another $10.

Hope this helps!

Blessings,
    Bill..........................................

yes thank you.. ive heard of the utah permit. i think i will go that route.

R_abbi_T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    LaPorte
    WOW so after sifting through the very informative but overwhelming amount of information in this thread I still had a question.

I have my perminant address and pay taxes as a resident of the state of Indiana, but do to an untimely occupational relocation I had to get my drivers license renewed in colorado. Do I still count as an Indiana resident in regards to a LTCH ? Or do I have to come back to Indiana when I get back to the states and re-renew my license? Up side is I have no need for a license in CO as long as my weapon is legal :)

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    WOW so after sifting through the very informative but overwhelming amount of information in this thread I still had a question.

I have my perminant address and pay taxes as a resident of the state of Indiana, but do to an untimely occupational relocation I had to get my drivers license renewed in colorado. Do I still count as an Indiana resident in regards to a LTCH ? Or do I have to come back to Indiana when I get back to the states and re-renew my license? Up side is I have no need for a license in CO as long as my weapon is legal :)

Are you Military?

If you answered No to that Question disregard the next question and sorry about you luck You are no longer Valid Carrying.

Is Indiana still your home of Record?

If you have Answered Yes to both of these Questions you need to Contact the State you are currently based in, with whether they accept that you are living in their State with Military Residence Exception Status and a License to Carry from your Home State.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Spring Break Time!

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but for any IN LTCH holders going to Florida for Spring Break, you are good to go to carry all the way there.

According to Handgunlaws.us, IN resident permit is honored in all states that you drive through from here to there, and each of the states are a "Do not have to inform" the officer if you get pulled over for speeding, etc.

Coltguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Clarify, please? Do you mean you can't carry even at home in Lake County (Indiana, right?) or do you mean only that you can't carry in IL?

Also, specifically what is it you like about Daley?

Blessings,
    B
    Where did you find this information, I called the "State" several times about this issue and the only I get is "Indiana will honor any state that honor our permits" but they wouldn't tell me witch states would. THANKS FOR THE INFO

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Where did you find this information, I called the "State" several times about this issue and the only I get is "Indiana will honor any state that honor our permits" but they wouldn't tell me witch states would. THANKS FOR THE INFO

Close, but not exactly. IN will recognize ALL "official" permission slips (CCW, CHP, LTCF, whatever) issued by any government entity, including foreign governments.

IC 35-47-2-21
    Recognition of retail dealers' licenses and licenses to carry handguns issued by other states
    Sec. 21. (a) Retail dealers' licenses issued by other states or foreign countries will not be recognized in Indiana except for sales at wholesale.
    (b) Licenses to carry handguns, issued by other states or foreign countries, will be recognized according to the terms thereof but only while the holders are not residents of Indiana.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32.
    It does not matter if they will recognize ours or not.

I'm not sure what your question was... I was asking the person I answered if they were referring to Lake County, IN or Lake County, IL, but I never saw a reply from him.

Lastly, as to which states will recognize our LTCH, there are 26 (other than Indiana) that will do so.

As of Jan. 1, 2011, the list of states is as follows:
    AL, AK, AZ, AR, CO, FL, GA, ID, IN, IA, KY, LA, MI, MS, MO, MT, NH, NC, ND, OK, PA, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, and WY

Do note that CO, FL, MI, and NH only recognize your IN LTCH while you are a resident of IN.

Of the other 23 states, you can carry in seven of them with a UT CFP:
    DE, MN, NE, OH, VA, WA, and WV.

Of the remaining 16, 11 do not allow carry by anyone with any permission slip other than their own, if any. Those are
    CA, CT, HI, IL, MD, MA, NJ, NY, OR, RI, and WI.

The remaining five states, KS, ME, NV, NM, and SC, do recognize some permission slips, just neither ours nor Utah's. According to the usacarry.com website I used as a source, ME and SC only recognize resident permits. NM and NV used to recognize my UT CFP, but KS has never recognized either one. If I was guessing, I'd imagine KS will recognize at least the UT before the other two will again.

Personally, I'd like to see them all recognize any permit, but ideally, I'd like to see the 2A recognized as EVERY free person's "carry permit".

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    So, if I move to Pennsylvania I can just keep my IN license and still carry since I don't have to be an IN resident? Would I have to get a PA license eventually?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    So, if I move to Pennsylvania I can just keep my IN license and still carry since I don't have to be an IN resident? Would I have to get a PA license eventually?

If you are were no longer an Indiana resident, your IN license would no longer be valid and you'd need to get a valid carry license/permit from somewhere else.

If you maintained a regular place place of business in Indiana, you may qualify for an IN 4-year license, but not a lifetime license.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    If you are were no longer an Indiana resident, your IN license would no longer be valid and you'd need to get a valid carry license/permit from somewhere else.

If you maintained a regular place place of business in Indiana, you may qualify for an IN 4-year license, but not a lifetime license.

Caveat:
    There is an exception for Active Military Personnel, if you maintain Indiana as your State of Residence... :D

drobpk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Indy and South Florida
    I own property in both Indiana and Florida. I applied for a lifetime permit and then made the mistake of getting a Florida Drivers License. Realizing my mistake, I called the State Police and found out that this meant I was no longer eligible for a lifetime permit, but since I do work here in Indiana, I could get a 4 year permit.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I own property in both Indiana and Florida. I applied for a lifetime permit and then made the mistake of getting a Florida Drivers License. Realizing my mistake, I called the State Police and found out that this meant I was no longer eligible for a lifetime permit, but since I do work here in Indiana, I could get a 4 year permit.

If you maintain a residence in both states, an IN LTCH with FL drivers license would be fine.

If the property you own here is not a part-time residence, you might indeed be limited to the 4 year license.

Check out this thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...he_side_of_the_road_with_a_state_trooper.html

Top Bottom