• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kramnor54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    only ky which borders in honors which is to bad for those living in counties bordering oh,ill,mich, the laws restrict those unfairly

johenz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Indianapols, IN
    I frequently travel to Ohio to visit family. I'm considering getting a FL permit so I can carry when I do. Anyone know the cost of a FL permit? I checked the state's website but couldn't find the information.

broabc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    What states allow you to travel through their state to another state that has reciprocity with IN? And what are the rules for doing that? Like if I go on vacation and I am driving through a state to get to one that has reciprocity.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    What states allow you to travel through their state to another state that has reciprocity with IN? And what are the rules for doing that? Like if I go on vacation and I am driving through a state to get to one that has reciprocity.

From the INGO FAQ:

Code of Federal Regulations

Title 18 > Part I > Chapter 44 > § 926a
    § 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms
    Release date: 20050803
    Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any
    political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from
    transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any
    lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any
    other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation
    the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily
    accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle:
    Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s
    compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the
    glove compartment or console.

;)

Razor61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    I frequently travel to Ohio to visit family. I'm considering getting a FL permit so I can carry when I do. Anyone know the cost of a FL permit? I checked the state's website but couldn't find the information.

Residents: $117 7 years
    Issuing Authority: Florida Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services

gworkman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    I think it is bull**** that if I have to go to Illinois to work or on vac. That I don't have the right to protect myself just because I live in Indiana. Just other way to chip away at our rights. Bet nobody told George Washington or Thomas Jefferson that because they were Illinois they had to leave their gun at home.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I think it is bull**** that if I have to go to Illinois to work or on vac. That I don't have the right to protect myself just because I live in Indiana. Just other way to chip away at our rights. Bet nobody told George Washington or Thomas Jefferson that because they were Illinois they had to leave their gun at home.

And you would be right. Mainly because there was no Illinois in there time... ;)

cowboy23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    lafayette
    so are u saying that if u have already paid to get the lifetime that it would be no good and u would have to buy a new one every so often?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Whoa.... Indiana has non resident permits? Does that go for the lifetime ones as well?

Only for those who have a regular place of business or employment in Indiana and only 4-year licenses.

IC 35-47-2-4

...(f) The superintendent may not issue a lifetime qualified license or a lifetime unlimited license to a person who is a resident of another state. The superintendent may issue a four (4) year qualified license or a four (4) year unlimited license to a person who is a resident of another state and who has a regular place of business or employment in Indiana as described in section 3(a)(3) of this chapter.

...or if you are jeremy. ;)

TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    so I like going to visit my family in Wisconsin. I just want to be sure I've read this right...

As long as I stay away from schools and government buildings, and no one in my car can reach it (meaning keep it in the trunk), i can open carry only?

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Quick question, I have read gunlaws.us about carry in KY with my IN permit. Does KY only allow OC with my IN permit? I couldn't really find anywhere that said....

Thanks

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Quick question, I have read gunlaws.us about carry in KY with my IN permit. Does KY only allow OC with my IN permit? I couldn't really find anywhere that said....

Thanks
    Presuming you mean handgunlaw.us?

I read over the site and did not see anything to indicate that you are required to open-carry. only that KY recognizes all other states' permission slips. What specific line did you see that indicated to you that you had to OC?

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom