12   0   0
    DnjHY45U4AMqy9l.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Headshots have been known to damage the target pulley at the end of the lane, due to the shooter aiming upward.

I thought it was a PC thing.
    I've seen ranges where it's not allowed to shoot at targets representing human shapes, they don't allow round targets placed on top of another target to practice head shots.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    :facepalm:
    really? its a paper target. sigh

You will get some weird looks if you shoot at paper target with a human silhoutette (even worst if it's a picture), especially if you practice head shots that many people consider to be a "hitman thing" and not a "self defense thing".

Some ranges only allow round olympic style targets.

It's not allowed in Michigan on DNR shooting ranges.

• Only approved targets may be used; no human-form silhouettes or metal targets. Paper targets with a bullseye pattern or a depiction of legal game may be used.

https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-350-79119_79149_82837-449613--,00.html

They tried to make it illegal in some US states.

[FONT=&amp]On January 8, Pennsylvania Representative Thaddeus Kirkland (D- Delaware Co.) posted a [/FONT]memorandum[FONT=&amp] regarding a bill he plans to introduce. The bill would “prohibit the use of targets that depict human silhouettes at shooting ranges across the Commonwealth.” He further suggests that shooters may substitute human silhouettes with those of “white-tailed deer, black bear, wild turkey, and elk.” The purpose? Representative Kirkland indicates that “allow[ing]individuals to practice their target shooting by shooting human silhouette targets at shooting ranges” effectively “perpetuate violence.” The bill would, however, provide an exception for “law enforcement officers, military personnel or other public safety personnel in line with their official duties.”[/FONT]

Of course as usual it would still be ok for cops. :rolleyes:

Rules of a shooting range in Minnesota:

1. Except for those law enforcement personnel who have permission to use our range, no human-silhouette targets or mannequins are allowed. Law enforcement personnel must remove such targets when finished.

I am re-visiting the man card thing for our resident French guy...:):

Hey, I did notice the lady!
    I noticed the sign behind her after a while.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You will get some weird looks if you shoot at paper target with a human silhoutette (even worst if it's a picture), especially if you practice head shots that many people consider to be a "hitman thing" and not a "self defense thing".

Some ranges only allow round olympic style targets.

It's not allowed in Michigan on DNR shooting ranges.

https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-350-79119_79149_82837-449613--,00.html

They tried to make it illegal in some US states.

Of course as usual it would still be ok for cops. :rolleyes:

Rules of a shooting range in Minnesota:

Hey, I did notice the lady!
    I noticed the sign behind her after a while.

:stickpoke:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    :facepalm:
    really? its a paper target. sigh

In some countries it's illegal to shoot at a target that's even vaguely humanoid. Before the IPSC Classic target, IPSC matches in some countries had to cut the A/B zone (the head) from the IPSC Metric targets. The funny thing is, if you invert the Classic target, it very closely matches where you would want to shoot a torso to stop a threat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom