• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MagicKev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    My letter to Starbucks corporate and their response:

Thank you for respecting federal, state & local gun laws. I know you are getting flack for standing up for what is right. I just want to let you know that you have a whole country behind you. We will be in Starbucks like we normally are, but we will especially be there on February 14th to show our support and appreciation for your courage to do what is right. Because you support the 2nd amendment, we will continue to support you. Best wishes for a prosperous 2012!!!

Their response:

Thank you for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company.

Thank you for your feedback regarding Starbucks' policy on open carry laws.

At Starbucks, we deeply respect the views of our customers and recognize that there is significant and genuine passion surrounding the issue of open carry weapons laws. We comply with local laws and statutes in the communities we serve. Our long-standing approach to this issue remains unchanged and we abide by the laws that permit open carry in 43 U.S. states. Where these laws don't exist, openly carrying weapons in our stores is prohibited.

As the public debate around this issue continues, we encourage customers and advocacy groups from both sides to share their input with their public officials. We are extremely sensitive to the issue of gun violence in our society and believe that supporting local laws is the right way for us to ensure a safe environment for both partners and customers.

If you have any further questions or concerns that I was unable to address, please feel free to let me know.

Warm Regards,

Kelsey F
    Customer Relations
    Starbucks Coffee Company
    800 STARBUC (782-7282)
    Monday through Friday, 5AM to 8PM (PST)

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI

Thank you for respecting federal, state & local gun laws. I know you are getting flack for standing up for what is right. I just want to let you know that you have a whole country behind you. We will be in Starbucks like we normally are, but we will especially be there on February 14th to show our support and appreciation for your courage to do what is right. Because you support the 2nd amendment, we will continue to support you. Best wishes for a prosperous 2012!!!

Their response:

At Starbucks, we deeply respect the views of our customers and recognize that there is significant and genuine passion surrounding the issue of open carry weapons laws. We comply with local laws and statutes in the communities we serve. Our long-standing approach to this issue remains unchanged and we abide by the laws that permit open carry in 43 U.S. states. Where these laws don't exist, openly carrying weapons in our stores is prohibited.

As the public debate around this issue continues, we encourage customers and advocacy groups from both sides to share their input with their public officials. We are extremely sensitive to the issue of gun violence in our society and believe that supporting local laws is the right way for us to ensure a safe environment for both partners and customers.

If you have any further questions or concerns that I was unable to address, please feel free to let me know.

Warm Regards,

Kelsey F
    Customer Relations
    Starbucks Coffee Company
    800 STARBUC (782-7282)

:+1::banana:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    My wife and I did a visit this afternoon to the one at 1st Ave and Mill Rd. in Evansville. It felt a little weird and I had to be on my best behavior (kinda like you can't fling a big hocker out the window of your pick up on a first date.) We went in and there were maybe 10 customers and four staff ladies there. I ordered a big oatmeal cookie ($1.98) and two small cups of water. (Money is no object when I take my wife out.) We found a table and I took my coat off before I sat down. There were three customers around me but I don't think any of them even looked. After we shared the cookie we got up, I put my coat on sloooooowly then we made for the rest rooms. While I was holding my wife's water while did her business I walked over to the counter and asked a young lady if she was the manager. She said she was the shift leader. I said, "The reason we came in today was to support your business because it is friendly to people who carry weapons to defend themselves." She said, "It is? That's great. I have a permit.....but I don't have it on me now." I asked what she carried and she said a .22 pistol. I told her that was good then moved over a little and slightly pulled open my coat enough to show the butt of my pistol. She said, "Awwsoome." I told her about the boycott and she said she hadn't heard about that. I told her about the date and said there would be 2nd amendment supporters going to SBs on that date to show our appreciation. She thought that was great. All in all a good visit and it only cost us $1.98 plus tax. :rockwoot:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    They might boycott Starbucks for a day or two, but that Liberal lack of control means they'll be back in there buying soon enough.

Why they can't do anything unless there's a law to stop them (Uncle Sam playing Mommy/Daddy to the liberal).

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Too expensive, but I do like their coffee. Especially on Valentines day

So is it too expensive on Valentine's Day or you like their coffee on Valentine's Day? :D

I don't like coffee, but I do LOVE their Chai Latte. Hopefully, I'll be going in tomorrow with my postcard for a free one so it won't cost me anything tomorrow.

GarandMD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Lafayette

Their response:

Warm Regards,

Kelsey F
    Customer Relations
    Starbucks Coffee Company
    800 STARBUC (782-7282)

I may be reading too much in between the lines, but one could interpret this as meaning that they will follow current state and local laws but wish for and support more stringent ones. :dunno:

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    Tomorrow is my birthday. I'll be 51.

And I'll be at the Starbuck's in Franklin on 31 having coffee around 1PM. I'll be the round-ish guy with a flat cap and a red sweater-thing and blue jeans.

Tony

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I'll be at Starbucks in Kokomo shortly after the little lady gets home. Which one? I'm not sure yet, but chances are it will be the one by the mall.. its a bit bigger. I wonder if they would mind if I brought the Mosin?

Top Bottom