• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    "... and Starbucks isn't anti-gun, they're anti-dumbass." I think he pretty much nailed it with that statement. :laugh:

Does that mean they've sent James a letter asking him not to come into the store but they're not going to ban him or ask him to leave unless he is disruptive or a disturbance?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    See... this guy is holding a frothy coffee with a J-Frame in his lap that is pointing at the direction where his genitals used to reside. You don't want to be THAT GUY!!

starbucks-and-guns2.jpg

That revolver doesn't HAVE a de-cocker, it IS a de-cocker.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'll admit I don't know a how helluva lot about coffee but that is an awfully foo-foo drink that looks a helluva lot more like a shake/ice cream sundae than a shake.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    When you force someone to be part of an issue that they wanted no part of AND force that issue and your support for the cause (which the company never wanted to publicly support or oppose), you can't be all that shocked when it backfires on you. For those that didn't see this coming from the start, what world do you live in?

Really?
    Didn't the "Mom's Demand Something Emotional" force the issue?
    And how did it backfire on them?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Did you bother to read the linked article?

Our own worst enemy | The Bang Switch
    You mean this article?
    The part where we forced the issue (cause you know, the Mom's didn't initiate action with a boycott)
    I agree with him about it being their right to allow/not allow guns.

My problem is they say they are neutral.
    Then they must have angered us the same amount. Except it seems the Mom's are happy that they won.

And I have a problem that they caved. Yes, it wasn't a full capitulation. But they modified their statement because of a group of people that BOYCOTTED them, and put a restriction (small as it is) on the people that SPENT MONEY to thank them.

The gun people (OC or CC, rifle or pistol) did not "drag Starbucks" into a political discussion.
    The anti-gunners did.
    We responded.

But what the heck. It's our fault. So everyone should stop carrying a gun.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Does that mean they've sent James a letter asking him not to come into the store but they're not going to ban him or ask him to leave unless he is disruptive or a disturbance?

Can't answer that. However, can you imagine the following conversation?

Yeager, doing introductions with a new class at Tactical Response ...

Yeager: "So, Matt, where are you from, what do you do, and why are you here?"

Matt: "I'm from Nashville, I work at Starbucks and I'm here to find out why you guys think you're such badasses."

Just think of the video that would follow. :popcorn:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    FWIW, the owner of starbucks--micheal huston, I believe--is a 'left-winger' in good standing, so he isn't really caving to ask that we don't bring guns to his stores. What's HUGE is that someone like him wouldn't make it an official policy to make starbucks an official 'gun-free zone', but rather said 'we recognize the laws/rights of people'. But he basically said that customers or others politicized the issue inside starbucks, so now he's trying to quiet everyone down. No surprise there, he's trying to run a business

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Really?
    Didn't the "Mom's Demand Something Emotional" force the issue?
    And how did it backfire on them?

Starbucks was neutral. They didn't care if you were carrying as long as it wasn't against the law. They just wanted your money. They did NOT want to be part of political douchebaggery from either side. Morons walked around with long guns and posed for pics to upset the morons they were trying to offend. Morons from the pro-2nd side cry when they don't get their way.

Really. What world do you live in.

If morons didn't feel the need to pose with long guns inside the store (leave them slung on your back and go about your daily business, you're not there to impress or show off) those morons wouldn't have made it into a bigger issue. If morons didn't feel the need to clear leather, it wouldn't have made into a bigger issue. If I were the store owner and some waterhead came in fondling their long gun for a photo op, they'd be removed and not allowed to step foot on my property until they pulled their head out of their corn hole.

There are much better ways to go about trying to bring change or recognition than trying to be in-your-face offensive.

By the way, you're still allowed in Starbucks with your gun as long as you're not a disturbance.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    First of all, we don't gain credibility by acting like Wall Street Occupiers.

Second, it's one thing to rally around the State Capital in support of 2A, it's quite another to shove cameras in people's faces trying get a reaction or **** off cops for youtube hits.

Third: This is how you solve your coffee fetish problem.

B70_Black_Cups_Right.jpg
    Unfortunately I can't travel with my Keurig. But there are Starbucks in just about every major airport passenger terminal in the country. I decided I will now go elsewhere for my caffine fixes.

I sent an e-mail to SB's corporate HQ, saying that I thought their, "We're not anti-gun. Guns are just not welcome in our stores." statement was spineless and an insult to intelligence. And since their new official corporate policy is, "Bring us your money, but leave your gun.", I will be doing neither.

Gonna miss their Pumpkin Spice Latte, but I'll get over it.

Funny how they say they don't want their employees having a confrontation with people carrying weapons. I'll bet you that is the exact wording in their policy regarding robberies. Thank you Starbucks for lumping all of us lawful firearms carriers in with criminals. You are dead to me.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Our own worst enemy | The Bang Switch
    You mean this article?...
    The gun people (OC or CC, rifle or pistol) did not "drag Starbucks" into a political discussion.
    The anti-gunners did.
    We responded:

0x600.jpg

starbucks-and-guns2.jpg

But what the heck. It's our fault. So everyone should stop carrying a gun.

FIFY. Whatever you say...

Glad you finally got around to reading the article.

Last edited:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    It's funny how we don't like being lumped in with the asshats with cameras, yet we'll make the same generalization about the OWS crowd.

Of course, you knew I was refering to their childish "look at me" tactics, but you went there anyway.

no, you missed the point. OWS broke laws. Not all of them but some in fact did. I have not heard of a single OCer at a Starbucks event who broke the law. Why on earth would you lump them together?

Draw comparisons to the OC clowns on YouTube who bait cops and I would say nothing. But trying to compare a legal and peaceful movement to one that was stained with blood and semen is foolish.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    We are our own worst enemies..

Not because of OCers, but because of gun owners that take a dump on other gun owners because they don't agree with their method of carry.

So not only do we have the "Moms" united against us, some of our own are against us too

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    They didn't change anything. They just don't want you to OC. Cover it up and it won't be a problem. LOL

I'm seeing my self promoting CC in two threads in a row. WTF?!?! Am I growing up or being more cautious? I dunno, I just enjoy not getting hastled wherever I go :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They didn't change anything. They just don't want you to OC. Cover it up and it won't be a problem. LOL

I'm seeing my self promoting CC in two threads in a row. WTF?!?! Am I growing up or being more cautious? I dunno, I just enjoy not getting hastled wherever I go :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^YUP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    We are our own worst enemies..

Not because of OCers, but because of gun owners that take a dump on other gun owners because they don't agree with their method of carry.

So not only do we have the "Moms" united against us, some of our own are against us too

QFT!

I'm not spending my money there any more. Had the CEO came out and said, "hey I appreciate your appreciation days to off set the anti gunners boycott days but no thanks." I would have more respect for Starbucks.

I will draw from what I hold most dear and just say this:

I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish you were cold or hot. So because you are lukewarm and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.

Top Bottom