• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Here is the Fox59 story for which I was interviewed.

Starbucks at center of gun control debate | Fox 59 News ? fox59.com

Guy

“We’re just very appreciative that Starbucks is siding with us on this issue,” said Nicki McNally with Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense. “We think this is huge, definitely a step in the right direction. We think this is just the tipping point.”

Read more: Starbucks at center of gun control debate | Fox 59 News ? fox59.com

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Maybe I missed it but I don't recall any anti-OC comments here. What I have read are "anti-OC for a political cause" comments, as in shotguns and AR's. Also the fact that some that are pro-gun have claimed in the past that Starbucks was pro-gun themselves just because they where trying to abstain from politics. We can clearly see now that this was not true. It does not matter whether of not the anti crowd was making a scene BEFORE the pro-gun side. It matters that we (the pro-gun side) have helped escalate the situation and Starbucks felt compelled to take a stance, as soft as it may be. Would it have helped that if we would have done more of a silent protest like continuing to support Starbucks by purchasing their coffee and writing letters saying that we appreciate them not taking a side? Would this have made us look like the good guys and the anti's as the bad guys and let them fall on their sword? Maybe, maybe not, but we know that what was done did not necessarily help.

The left constantly is pushing a social agenda. You would think that CEOs would stay above it. BTW, conservatives tend to react. What we need to do is demand that the left stay out of social issues.

We do have too many gun rights activists who want to be in your face. But from what I have read of Starbucks position, it is more like "Don't ask, don't tell". They are not going to ask (ie ban) if you are carrying. And you should be not telling (OC).

The whole OC issue is really about being able to strut around like you are a big shot. Too many cops due OC in civilian clothes with a badge and gun. It is like saying "look at me! I am important! My life is worth more than yours!" Same reason that the cops want to be the only ones with cool guns.

And guns are status symbols that convey that the person's life is worth more than those around them. Cops, of course, like this status. But look at the mayors, governors and celebrities who have bodyguards just to convey how important they are, how valuable they are.[/
    QUOTE]

I knew it was all my fault!:rolleyes:

To pick one comment
    Of course, it could have been sarcastic. I'm on too many pain pills from a herniated disc.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    It's funny but if Starbucks would've came out and said that they would rather people not come in and exercise their constitutional rights to free speech,that its been causing some patrons to feel nervous with all this free expression being thrown around the store how different the media would be responding. As far as I'm concerned, there is no difference between my 1st Ammendment and my 2nd Ammendment rights, I'll exercise them where and when I see fit!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    An anti-gunner just told me "Good luck getting into Dunkin Donuts with your weapon" after calling me and my "type" delusional.

I just left a bank and a jewelry store. I think I'll be quite fine at a donut eatery.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It's funny but if Starbucks would've came out and said that they would rather people not come in and exercise their constitutional rights to free speech,that its been causing some patrons to feel nervous with all this free expression being thrown around the store how different the media would be responding. As far as I'm concerned, there is no difference between my 1st Ammendment and my 2nd Ammendment rights, I'll exercise them where and when I see fit!

The funny thing is, I believe in their right to restrict, because it is Their Property.
    The B of R restricts the government, not the people.

If you get on a soap box, and start preaching in their store, they can ask you to leave. It is Their Right.
    On the sidewalk, it becomes Your Right.

And I believe Starbucks can say they don't want guns in the store, once again Their Right.

What I hate, is that they CAVED IN to the side that STARTED the problem..... the Anti-Gunners.

The Anti-Gunners boycotted them.
    We supported them.

And yes, the policy is pretty much Don't Ask Don't Tell.
    But it both sides seem to be looking at it as a win for the Anti-s.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    What I think is significant is that after failing miserably to achieve any legislative goal on their agenda (e.g., universal background checks, assault weapons ban, magazine capacity limits), this group is describing a slight policy change by one coffee chain as "huge" and "a tipping point."

Given the circumstances, what else would you expect?

Deep breaths, folks.

Guy

Last edited:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    What I hate, is that they CAVED IN to the side that STARTED the problem..... the Anti-Gunners.

I doubt they would ever admit it, but I think they caved in to the side that was more likely to vandalize their property and block the entrances to their businesses with protesters.

Shooters and conservatives seldom, if ever, do those things; anti-gunners and progressives, much more often.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I doubt they would ever admit it, but I think they caved in to the side that was more likely to vandalize their property and block the entrances to their businesses with protesters.

Shooters and conservatives seldom, if ever, do those things; anti-gunners and progressives, much more often.

Nah...they probably looked around at other merchants that have, at one time or another, pissed off gun owners (Cheaper Than Dirt, Ruger, Bank of America, Groupon, etc.) and decided the hoopla will blow over, gun owners will soon forget, and most will be back (or their loss will not significantly impact their bottom line.)

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I just don't understand how people support Starbucks right to say who they want in their coffee shops cause it's their constitutional right, but somehow that trumps my constitutional right to bear arms! I didn't know the importance of the constitution was decided by what order it was written.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    I just don't understand how people support Starbucks right to say who they want in their coffee shops cause it's their constitutional right, but somehow that trumps my constitutional right to bear arms! I didn't know the importance of the constitution was decided by what order it was written.

So go into Starbucks and start dropping "N" bombs. Or maybe just start talking about the slave labor that picks there coffee beans. Or while your at it start asking the barista behind the counter why he's a dude who like dudes? It's freedom of speech!!!!! You have a right to speak your mind. How dare Starbucks tell you what you can say. Just ignore Starbucks property rights all u want, you have rights.

Starbucks is ASKING, not telling you to please not bring guns on THERE property. Which is the same right you have to tell people what they can and can not do on YOUR property.

They are doing this because they as a business can not have people bringing shot guns into there business for no other reason what so ever then to make a "point". And get attention. Taking an AR-15 into a Starbucks is not exercising your 2A rights. It's being an attention whore. Just as walking into Starbucks and screaming "N" bombs is not your 1A right. It's being an attention whore.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    People can say everything they want with their right to free speech.

However, it doesn't mean they are right or rational in what they're saying.

Fear of firearms is purely irrational.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Because the Constitution of the United States and it's associated Amendments are all limits on the GOVERNMENT. Not on Citizens.
    If I come in to your home and start preaching on a soapbox 20 hours a day, do you, or do you not have the right to make me leave????

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    People can say everything they want with their right to free speech.

However, it doesn't mean they are right or rational in what they're saying.

Fear of firearms is purely irrational.

You can say and do what you please, as long as it does not take my liberty. You can not do and say what you please ON MY PROPERTY. You choose to come on my property.

Fear of strangers with long guns in places where there is ZERO need for one is not irrational for the business. Who in this case is the property owner.

Top Bottom