• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I normally give them a break till the weather cools down. I do however carry when i go scouting for deer. So scouting seems to start for me around sept. I do like the early season chance. Remember high winds do not a good tree rat day make.

DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Cant wait! I always look forward to having a good excuse to cary my rifle through the woods while hiking or camping. Anyone know of good public land for sqirells? I hit up morgan monroe last year but seemed like i couldnt find a squirell to save my life.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    They seem to be pretty active out in our woods. I like to watch them play so they are pretty safe around my house. I have thought about making a quick trip here in a few weeks to Morgan Monroe state forest and trying my luck.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Cant wait! I always look forward to having a good excuse to cary my rifle through the woods while hiking or camping. Anyone know of good public land for sqirells? I hit up morgan monroe last year but seemed like i couldnt find a squirell to save my life.

Next time your out try a distress call and smacking a small branch with leaves on the ground. I guarantee you will see some movement then. That is after you have enter the woods and remained still for about 30 minutes or so.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood

You have to be deer hunting there to find any :):

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Im another thats going to wait a couple weeks yet, the extreme heat we had throughout the summer will have a big effect on the squirels

How do you mean? Size/health or activity?

This is my first year really going out for squirrel. I've shot them while deer hunting (44 mag really destroys a squirrel) and I took one year before last with my bow while in the stand.

45lcrevolver

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I've shot them while deer hunting (44 mag really destroys a squirrel) and I took one year before last with my bow while in the stand.

There is nothing like taking them out with a 300 grain xtp 45lc, lmao!!!!!

8fd06fe0.jpg

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    I think this will be a great season! the heat and drought has made them so skinny that their heads look huge! but on the brightside still great target and stalking practice. :)

DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Next time your out try a distress call and smacking a small branch with leaves on the ground. I guarantee you will see some movement then. That is after you have enter the woods and remained still for about 30 minutes or so.

yeah ill give that a try. Ive been wanting to pick up a few calls but havent gotten around to it. What calls do you use and where can you get them? Ive looked at Gander a couple of times and didnt see any.

45lcrevolver

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Indianapolis
    The meat wasn't ruined. It just punched a 45 cal hole thru it. So no wast there. Bullet was only doing 800fps, probably not enough to expand. As you can see, bullet placement is key for keeping meat whole.

Top Bottom