• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    OK, so I got a new Springer Loaded Sunday. Absolutely fantastic firearm. What does everyone think of the paddle holster they come with? I used it for that afternoon around the house. It's really comfy (suprisingly). But how are they for retention and moving around the pants when your move/sit/etc?

BTW, did I mention how bad ass the pistol is? Why didn't I purchase something nice like this long time ago?

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    ^ I was suprised at the comfort level. I expected this hard plastic thingy to really be uncomfortable.

EDIT: My choice was down the the Kimber in the same price or the Springer. I think I made the right choice.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yeah you made the right choice with the Springer. I have a Kimber and a Springer, my Kimber is ammo picky where my Springer is hungry and will eat anything.

I do like the holster that came with for wearing at the range and around home, but not so much for EDC. I prefer CCed IWB but thats just me.

Keep an eye on the Guide rod. I have about 500rnds through mine and Im sick of retightening the guide rod every 50 rnds or so. I ordered a Wilson Combat single piece full length guide rod to take its place. It doesnt effect accuracy when it does it, but I just dont like the idea of parts coming loose on my gun.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Yeah you made the right choice with the Springer. I have a Kimber and a Springer, my Kimber is ammo picky where my Springer is hungry and will eat anything.

I do like the holster that came with for wearing at the range and around home, but not so much for EDC. I prefer CCed IWB but thats just me.

Keep an eye on the Guide rod. I have about 500rnds through mine and Im sick of retightening the guide rod every 50 rnds or so. I ordered a Wilson Combat single piece full length guide rod to take its place. It doesnt effect accuracy when it does it, but I just dont like the idea of parts coming loose on my gun.

I'm used to that from when I had my Colt 1991A1 Compact. It had the two piece screw together thingy ma-bob as well. But I did shoot the plunger on this one into the cieling the first time I tore it down/put it back together.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm used to that from when I had my Colt 1991A1 Compact. It had the two piece screw together thingy ma-bob as well. But I did shoot the plunger on this one into the cieling the first time I tore it down/put it back together.

The Wilson Combat single piece is a drop in unit and only costs 30 bucks, I got a bushing wrench too for 3 bucks.

I should get it tomorrow, and hopfully solve both those problems.

I love my Springer Loaded other than the two piece guide rod. I just hate having that on my mind while Im shooting/carrying it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Top Tip...clear finger nail polish on the threads when assembling the guide rod. Just a drop and clean it off when you strip the gun so it does not build up

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Top Tip...clear finger nail polish on the threads when assembling the guide rod. Just a drop and clean it off when you strip the gun so it does not build up

Wilson Combat single piece FLGR is already on its way.

I said Id give the two piece setup a fair shot. Its been 500 rnds and I can honestly say...

I hate two piece guide rods.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Hmmm..I guess I'll have to watch mine. 500 rounds, still tight as can be.

I hear people say all the time thiers dont come loose. Ive tightened mine as much as I feel comfortable with. I even topped out my Inch pound torque wrench last time. Still after ~50-75 rnds I can turn it with my finger. Oh well, After tomorrow Ill never have that problem again.

Sorry for the thread jack OP. I do think the holster that it comes with is a great for OC and range carry.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I hear people say all the time thiers dont come loose. Ive tightened mine as much as I feel comfortable with. I even topped out my Inch pound torque wrench last time. Still after ~50-75 rnds I can turn it with my finger. Oh well, After tomorrow Ill never have that problem again.

Sorry for the thread jack OP. I do think the holster that it comes with is a great for OC and range carry.

I am thinking, does this apply to the Champion model with the 4" barrel? Cuz, I don't have a barrel bushing.

I'm also sorry about the hijack. I like the holster that came with it for the range. Works well and I'm pretty sure it's IDPA legal even.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wilson Combat single piece FLGR is already on its way.

I said Id give the two piece setup a fair shot. Its been 500 rnds and I can honestly say...

I hate two piece guide rods.

I am just stubborn. The polish does keep them in place.

As to the holster...I have a couple of them and we use them a lot. Long as you refrain from handsprings you should be fine.

HandyAndy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Fort Wayne (SWAC)
    OK, so I got a new Springer Loaded Sunday. Absolutely fantastic firearm. What does everyone think of the paddle holster they come with? I used it for that afternoon around the house. It's really comfy (suprisingly). But how are they for retention and moving around the pants when your move/sit/etc?

BTW, did I mention how bad ass the pistol is? Why didn't I purchase something nice like this long time ago?
    I've OC'd my buddys XDM .45 on several occasions with the paddle holster and it was just fine. The only thing that I didn't like was that it leaves the end of the barrel exposed, and if you're doing something outdoors or dirty like I tend to do often, it is far better to carry IWB or at least get a holster that covers the barrel. But for what it is, it's great!

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Yeah, I've got a nice leather Bianchi OWB belt loop holster that covers the whole pistol. I knocked it into the wall last night as the "puppy" (85lb long haired german shephard) got a little over zealous and knocked daddy into the wall. Got my first scratch on the slide..... oh well, better sooner than later I guess.

Top Bottom