• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I'd like to see them throw in an extended mag for the trouble.... Either way, I'll be waiting until I ship mine off. I haven't even got to shoot it yet.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'd like to see them throw in an extended mag for the trouble.... Either way, I'll be waiting until I ship mine off. I haven't even got to shoot it yet.
    I would at least go out and shoot it and check for any function issues before sending it in. That way if it does function correctly you have a point of reference in case their are issues post upgrade.

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    Just bought a new G-26 today and the guy at the shop said it will be 6 months before anybody sees their XDS's back. At least it well be like getting 2 new guns when I get them back.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    There are some interesting threads on xdtalk about some likely scenarios
    of why the malfunction may be happening.
    "this is what causes the xds
    double fire" is one. There will be more updates today or tomorrow.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Got tired of the lies and run around from Springfield. I brought out the P9 a couple of weeks ago and just brought home an M&P 45c an hour ago. Springfield can suck it as far as I'm concerned now. I want my gun back from them, now, not when they get good and ready. When I do get it back it will be gone within the week, never again.

Bisbobble

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Carmel/Zionsville
    Two years ago, my wife wasn't very supportive of having guns in the house let alone carry one. She and I have been working together for a year or more on education and training. She recently got her LTCH !!! She and I spent weeks looking and different EDC guns for her. She found the XDS 9 and we bought it. A week later we learned about the safety recall and sent it back.

I understand Springfield's position on getting them back and fixed (some day!!) and having safe firearms in the hands of their customers. The timing couldn't be worse. Now she and I need to start looking again and I'm afraid she's a little turned off the the whole idea again. Mostly I think it's the expense and time involved.

Two steps forward, one step back. Sigh

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Two years ago, my wife wasn't very supportive of having guns in the house let alone carry one. She and I have been working together for a year or more on education and training. She recently got her LTCH !!! She and I spent weeks looking and different EDC guns for her. She found the XDS 9 and we bought it. A week later we learned about the safety recall and sent it back.

I understand Springfield's position on getting them back and fixed (some day!!) and having safe firearms in the hands of their customers. The timing couldn't be worse. Now she and I need to start looking again and I'm afraid she's a little turned off the the whole idea again. Mostly I think it's the expense and time involved.

Two steps forward, one step back. Sigh

That's all fine, I understand they want their products to be safe, I agree. The way they are handling it is totally unacceptable. When a company lies to me and employs deceitful tactics then I cease to deal with them, that's a deal breaker and is unforgivable.

Bisbobble

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Carmel/Zionsville
    That's all fine, I understand they want their products to be safe, I agree. The way they are handling it is totally unacceptable. When a company lies to me and employs deceitful tactics then I cease to deal with them, that's a deal breaker and is unforgivable.

This is my first experience with Springfield. I am NOT impressed. I've sent guns to Ruger and was very satisfied.

katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    I sure don't like hearing all this negativity about our recalled guns. but I have to agree. this is my first time dealing with springfield, until now, I was very pleased with my .45. if all this talk of 6 mos. before getting it back is true, it will be my last springfield armory weapon as well. I don't like being lied to either. my question is, what the he@@ were they thinking? I just don't get it, its like they don't think we will know the difference between 30 days or 6 mos.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Between the few responses I've gotten to the many emails I've sent, the phone calls that actually get picked up, and the way the FAQ reads, I don't think Springfield Corporate is in charge of this. To me it sounds like they've deferred everything over to the lawyers. It's not about the customer at all, it's about CYA for the company 100% no matter how much it hurts relations. This was supposed to be an isolated flaw that was difficult to reproduce. I think there's much more serious problems than they're letting on to.

Unless they tell me every part they changed and why they changed it then I will not be keeping either one of my XDS pistols. If they do tell me this I've still lost all faith in their products and service and these firearms will be retired to the safe for range duty at the most or trade material if we all move to 'Jericho, Kansas'. They will no longer be deployed for personal defense.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Well Saturday was a great day so I went out back for some target practice. Included in the line up were 2 of my XDS 1 in 45 and 1 in 9. They still ain't broke and after reading up on how it's going so glad I didn't send any of them in.

Again if it ain't broke...

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I personally would be a little concerned about not sending it back. I am irritated it is taking so long and the way the company is handling it. However, I would be far more concerned about having a malfunction that hurt someone. I figure it will take some time for them to resolve the issue. I purchased a new Ruger because of that, but I believe that they will fix them and return them. At that point I will put a few hundred rounds through it and then start carrying it again.

Top Bottom