• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedgelb986S

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Brownsburg
    I just bought one last month. I've only put about 100 rounds through it so far, but it's been 100% reliable and is very accurate. I'm very happy with it. I did quite a bit of research before buying mine, since I've never owned a 1911 before. I haven't found a single bad review of it.

kman1977

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I just bought one last month. I've only put about 100 rounds through it so far, but it's been 100% reliable and is very accurate. I'm very happy with it. I did quite a bit of research before buying mine, since I've never owned a 1911 before. I haven't found a single bad review of it.
    this is also been my experience with my Range Officer
    I like it so much I want to get another 1911

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    They seem to do okay for a production pistol:

SARO.jpg

My friend got one last month and his shoots about the same as mine. :rockwoot:

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I had one, it was my first pistol. I bought it in late December/early January, and sold it a couple weeks ago. The ONLY reason I sold it is bc right now I can only afford 1 pistol, and wanted a better concealed carry firearm. I loved the gun, if I could have kept it and got the Kimber I got, I would have.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I had one, it was my first pistol. I bought it in late December/early January, and sold it a couple weeks ago. The ONLY reason I sold it is bc right now I can only afford 1 pistol, and wanted a better concealed carry firearm. I loved the gun, if I could have kept it and got the Kimber I got, I would have.

So have you picked up a loaded Champion yet?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I recently traded my 4" 1911 for a Range Officer. I wanted one for target shooting and thought it would be a better choice for that type of work.

I have only run about 15 rounds through it, but I think I am going to like it.

I was playing around with my snap caps one day and the pistol failed to go completely into battery. If I drew back the slide and let it go with "authority" it went home fine.

The pistol looks almost brand new. I would be surprised if it has much over 300 rounds, if that.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Actually picked up a Kimber Ultra Carry II about 45 minutes after I sold the RO, absolutely love it!

Awesome! Glad it worked out for you. It's nice to make adjustments and end up with what you want/need for you intended use.

I originally was going to carry mine which is why I went with the 4". But when I decided that I was going to use it for range work, the RO was a better fit.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Springfield

I am thinking about using this for bowling pin shooting or even taking the plunge into USPSA shooting. Would this gun be a good introductory choice before spending a LOT more money on custom or semi-custom gun like a Baer or other ?

Thanks in advance

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I am thinking about using this for bowling pin shooting or even taking the plunge into USPSA shooting. Would this gun be a good introductory choice before spending a LOT more money on custom or semi-custom gun like a Baer or other ?

Thanks in advance

I don't know much about USPSA, but I think it should be a good target/range gun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Thanks in advance

This is an entry level target shooter. Mine have all been spot on accurate.
    Have owned 3 and have 1 now. For the money it is the best 1911 on the market.....JMHO

Top Bottom