• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm careful to adhere to the 25 MPH limit on 71st Street by the Pike Township schools when they are in session and it's within the hours designated by the sign. Unfortunately, very few others choose to do the same. That's their choice, but I've experienced some inappropriately aggressive driving in that area from people who seem irritated that I'm doing the speed in limit in a school zone. The worst was a delivery truck that was about 6-12 inches behind me until he could pass. He passed me, then swerved into the lane right in front of me and jammed on his brakes. That was a colossal douche move.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    My understanding is , he was driving almost twice the speed limit ( of 35 mph )

The posted speed limit was 55, not 35.

And since he was also driving through a school zone that in itself added to the cost of the ticket.

There apparently is no such thing in Indiana as a "school zone" at 2:00 AM on a Saturday night in July. So, apparently, he was not in a school zone, and the "school zone" speed limit of 35 was not applicable.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    In my day I have followed a few of the stop sign violators and gone full on churchmouse on them....cowards to the man.

I would have done that years ago but not now... Too many crazy mofos out there... "Dissing" the wrong one might start a gunfight. If I'm getting into a gunfight it's hopefully because trouble found me, not because I was looking for it.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I once received a ticket in a school zone. . 67 in a 35. The issue I had with the ticket was it was the middle of July on a Saturday night about 200am. I believe the ticket was around $350.00 or $375.00. Did I deserve the ticket, yes I did. Did I deserve the extra cost of being in a school zone, I dont think so.

The posted speed limit was 55, not 35.

There apparently is no such thing in Indiana as a "school zone" at 2:00 AM on a Saturday night in July. So, apparently, he was not in a school zone, and the "school zone" speed limit of 35 was not applicable.

Nowhere in his post does it say the speed limit was 55 mph, the speed limit was 35 and he was doing 67 mph, and he drove through a school zone at 2 am.
    Should he have gotten a school zone add on*** no he should not have.. But he was still doing 67 mph in a 35 mph zone... That's why he admits he deserved the ticket.. And again 67 in a 35 zone is absurd..

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Well Jupiter aligned with Mars. So one day I'll explain to you the difference between Adhesives and Glue.. But if you're nice I'll tell you where to go and eat when your in OC,MD. Where are you staying ?

I will pay for the coffee to hear your definition of the difference between glue and adhesive.

I have to drop off a Gusmer Proportioner to a customer in Hickory, NC first that I rebuilt. The machine is used to apply urethane foam "Adhesive" to attach the gypsum to the rafters of manufactured housing. Then head over to Belmont, NC to my wifes Sorority Sisters house to visit for the evening. Then head to Seaford, DE and OC, MD is where we will be staying for five days. My wifes other Sorority Sister from college has a house at both places so we will be at Seaford, DE and OC, MD.

We ate pretty good the last time we were there, but I never pass up good eating joints if you have options.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Eats in OC is pretty easy, for breakfast you gotta hit Generals Kitchen just off Ocean highway around 65th st bayside ?, it just moved this year to a new building but I have not eaten there since the move, get yourself chipped beef, they are well know for it. Awesome breakfast served there.
    The other breakfast place is the Pancake house, they have a few locations. it does not matter which one you pick.
    Lunch, hit the bottom of the boardwalk around 1st & 2nd st on the boardwalk and get a bucket of Thrashers fries and a block away grab a rare pit beef from bull on the beach. Also get some Fishers Popcorn for desert.
    Also Salvatorys, Riptides .....
    Dinner ... Bonfire, the Original Phillips downtown, Riptides and Salvatorys.

Now to answer about Adhesive's,, I have been teasing glue guys since i was a kid, my Stepfather worked for Avery for over 40 years, he started in sales in the late 50s and moved way up in management by retirement time.
    He is 81 yrs old still gets puffy when you call Adhesives glue or use the word stickers instead of labels.
    His biggest sale took almost 20 yrs to complete, Self Adhesive Postage Stamps. If you know any Avery/Dennison guys his last name is Kennerly.

Oh and since you ride I am assuming you will be driving around d the DC beltway and heading up 50 east towards Annapolis and the eastern shore, just off the Rt2 south exit at Annapolis is abgood sized Harley dealer. If you go past the Rt2 exit you will see if off to the right. In downtown Annapolis is a few nice places to eat down in the harbor. McGarvys and Middletons are a great places to eat lunch. If not a few miles before the Bay Bridge ( bay view rd exit ) on the south side is a " red white and blue " BBQ rest.

Oh and when crossing the Bay Bridge you gotta ride on the grating, it makes crossing the bridge a much better experience.

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I'm careful to adhere to the 25 MPH limit on 71st Street by the Pike Township schools when they are in session and it's within the hours designated by the sign. Unfortunately, very few others choose to do the same. That's their choice, but I've experienced some inappropriately aggressive driving in that area from people who seem irritated that I'm doing the speed in limit in a school zone. The worst was a delivery truck that was about 6-12 inches behind me until he could pass. He passed me, then swerved into the lane right in front of me and jammed on his brakes. That was a colossal douche move.

Good job being t h e turtle

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

I work off-duty security in Park 100 and will have the same thing done to me. Its all fun and games until I stop and cite them.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom