• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mar_2343

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    NWI
    :chillout:somebody really needs to man up at the DOD and stop the sideshow crap like that. If somene is all homesick and in basic I understand that but if he or don't let me forget she can't handle the cadence call and gets stressrd out at that I wouldn't want them near me when MURPHY shows up. Thats the kinda day you wind up dead....and all because somebody throws a stress card. Glad I'm out

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    It seems the Army is lowering it's standards every day. Political correctness is trumphing combat effectiveness. Hadji doesn't care about your "stress card".

BTW: I never saw a stress card while I was in the Army. I can tell you for a fact that they didn't exist at the Infantry Training Brigade, Ft. Benning, GA., in the summer of 1998. Their existance may be more of a legend than reality.

Last edited:

mar_2343

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    NWI
    Hadji doesn't care about your "stress card".
    BTW: I never saw a stress card while I was in the Army. I can tell you for a fact that they didn't exist at the Infantry Training Brigade, Ft. Benning, GA., in the summer of 1998. Their existance may be more of a legend than reality.

Yeah they exist we had some young vets hire in about 2005. They were talking about those cards, stress and sexual harrassment cards. Red light / green light crap I asked one about it he brought it in and showed it to me. A couple others brought in theirs it's all horseshit. like I said I'm glad I'm out. One was a tanker, the other was infantry, the rest I don't really remember, but they do in fact exist.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    Those cards are the biggest load of B.S. I've ever heard of. Basic is supposed to be stressful. How things have changed in a short period of time. I went to basic in 1998, and the only thing the drill sergeants were not allowed to do was hit you. They got around this rule during brass and ammo checks though.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    There are times I wish I had followed my friend Tom to the USAF after highschool. Other times, I'm glad I didn't....... Noting my lovely wife who likes shooting.

mar_2343

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    NWI
    the only thing the drill sergeants were not allowed to do was hit you. They got around this rule during brass and ammo checks though.
    The only thing hahahahahahah. I've seen guys get taken completly of their feet with that "oh f@ck me " look on their faces. They told us day one we are not allowed to strike you, but we are allowed to teach you and for the next 16 weeks your ass is ours, unless to you retread or get hurt and retread. Ah memories of Ft McClellan in the middle of summer week three started self defense or 95 bravo's then in AIT section of that 16 week honeymoon the Marines taught the self defense with the DI, fun time had by all!
    :rockwoot:

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    Thats the way it should be. I was poked in the chest by the knife hand, screamed at while being jabbed in the forehead by a round brown and dropped to my knees by a backhand to the groin during a brass and ammo check. I also witnessed one private in my platoon get picked up, and thrown through the double doors at the gas chamber.

It sucked then, but looking back, I wouldn't trade the experience for the world.

mar_2343

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    NWI
    I was in 80 thru 88, summer of 80 peanut was the president. Four months and a couple of weeks later we voted in a real leader. Summer of 80 there was a heat wave baking the South East. McClellan by 8am was in the 90's and going higher. Nighttime tepms didn't go under low 70's until about 2nd week of Sep. Rough nasty experience but I wouldn't trade one thing I saw, learned or went through in the summer of 1980

Top Bottom