Speaker Boehner resigning at the end of October.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    About time he gets out . Maybe we can get a real speaker who will use the power of the purse to at least slow down tthe Obama agenda.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Do you think this McCarthy Benghazi screw up will actually be the blessing that brings us Jason Chaffetz as the new Speaker of The House?

The new Hillary add with McCarthy's dumb-assed comment is airing now. Not to mention all the news organizations airing it as a "story."
    Hillary Clinton Ad Hits Kevin McCarthy Over Benghazi Comment

Chaffitz doesn't have the votes. That faction is quite sizable in the house but nowhere near the 218 votes he needs. And that's the problem. The party is so divided I'm not sure the house could find 218 Republicans to vote the same for anything. Even without McCarthy's negligent discharge I doubt Republicans can get through this without loosing the confidence of American voters.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Chaffitz doesn't have the votes. That faction is quite sizable in the house but nowhere near the 218 votes he needs. And that's the problem. The party is so divided I'm not sure the house could find 218 Republicans to vote the same for anything. Even without McCarthy's negligent discharge I doubt Republicans can get through this without loosing the confidence of American voters.

The republican bubble is nearing its bursting point. With all of this disagreement and infighting, if they lose the next election it's pretty much their own fault. The amount of democratic infighting is so low compared to the republicans that I'm sure it'll sway some voters towards the democrats, maybe enough to win. There just aren't enough regular voters that support the fringe side of the Republican Party for broad support of government shutdowns, PP defunding, etc.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I heard on the radio that the rumor around the Hill is that McCarthy was banging a female Congressman from the Carolinas.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They're saying that Boehner has contacted Paul Ryan multiple times by phone today, and is personally asking him to step up and be speaker.

Top Bottom