• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Hitler was both intellectually and moral clear with his intention. Didn't care for him either.

gw-spede.gif

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Doesn't matter
    as soon as he was invited, it became political.
    dems say X,Y, Z
    republicans say A, B, C

politicians say they boycott, won't boycott but busy that day, won't be part of Bibi's campaign commercial, I already heard that he's using Dick Cheneys playbook.

republicans say that dems are childish, disrespectful of a foreign head of state, Israel hating.

if you like Netenyahu or not is irrelevant, he's not our president and you don't get a vote. The only fact and abiding truth is this;

anything that these SOB's can make political, they will. Money is political, taxes, jobs, war, peace, trade, relations, even the stinking weather is political.

and for Joe Blow American citizen to get on a high horse and starts spouting talking points like he/she is Earth Czar is arrogant and self important idiocy.

(I don't like politicians much, but I would love to see a statesman)

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    He's correct. Netanyahu has no business going before congress without an executive branch invitation. It's unConstitutional and has been since the earliest days of the republic.

Where precisely in the Constitution does it say that the Executive Branch governs the Congresses social agenda? (i.e. who can speak on the floor of Congress)

I know you don't like it - and I'm not a Constitutional scholar myself. I would honestly like to know. And there's a difference between "tradition" and unConstitutional.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Where precisely in the Constitution does it say that the Executive Branch governs the Congresses social agenda? (i.e. who can speak on the floor of Congress)

I know you don't like it - and I'm not a Constitutional scholar myself. I would honestly like to know. And there's a difference between "tradition" and unConstitutional.

I haven't looked into this, but here's Reuters's take

Why Boehner?s invite to Netanyahu is unconstitutional

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Not much there. They are trying to channel intent of the Founding Fathers.

Article 2 sec 3 "he (the president) shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers"

Personally, I think Boehner was trying to get BO to read the next line "he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed"

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Constitutional or not, it certainly seems to be inconsistent with traditional separation of powers.

I don't see that inviting a leader of another nation to speak is such an outrageous exercise of "power". I think the administration is making it into a big controversy because Obama doesn't want Netanyahu ****ing with his Iranian deal.

My take is that since Netanyahu does not want this deal with Iran, and is not getting what he wants from Obama, he initiated the idea of them inviting him to speak. Because it's such a public event, Netanyahu is basically going over Obama's head to appeal to Americans, Obama's boss.

I think if the sides were switched, all else the same, Democrats would gladly invite a kindred tongued head of state, and then the Republicans would be *****ing about how unconstitutional it is.

Why is Obama so worried about the constitution now anyway? It's not like he seems to mind exercising power he doesn't have.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Wow, after seeing the reaction from democrats in congress to the speech, I was kind of shocked at blatant anti-simetic bigotry from the party. I thought they were the inclusive tolerant side.

Webster-dl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    United States
    Working to allow Iran to get a nuclear weapon = working toward a second holocaust.

Working toward a second holocaust = being antisemitic

Democrats are working to allow Iran to get a nuclear weapon. Ergo, Democrats are antisemitic.

And anyone who says otherwise is covering for an antisemite and the spiritual child of Joseph Goebbels.

Webster-dl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    United States
    How about this?

Pelosi brings message of peace to Assad - USATODAY.com

Nancy Pelosi, the speaker of the house, over the objections of the sitting President of the United States, was "carrying out diplomacy", and meeting with someone who was a proxy of Tehran, a state sponsor of terrorism and avowed enemy of the US.

Giving aid and comfort to the enemy? I think that's treason.

Refusing to enforce the law of the US? Lying to the congress of the US? Single-handedly choosing to reword the law to his own specifications? Now *THAT* is unconstitutional.

So the proverbial cat is out of the bag. Boehner should ideally not be functioning in a diplomatic role. But Obama, and Pelosi, have both been blatantly unconstitutional, unpatriotic (yes, they both DON'T LOVE AMERICA!), and even treasonous. So if Boehner gives Israel the platform that Czechoslovakia wasn't given at Munich (remember, the "P5+1" negotiations DO NOT INCLUDE ISRAEL, though they are critical to Israel's future), I think history, and the constitution, will forgive him.

Webster-dl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    United States
    BTW: Ever wonder if we have IS operatives functioning on the board? Supporting outrageous anti-Israel antisemitic positions? Using iffy english, with strange grammatical errors involving pronouns and conjugation?

Probably not...but we know IS has an internet presence...maybe just paranoia?

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Anti netanyahu isn't necessarily antisemitic
    :hooked:
    But if this was some leader of the black community or other minority with special status, and Repubs responded in such fashion, they would be labelled racist, biggots, ect. The hypocrisy of that bunch is nauseating.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    :hooked:
    But if this was some leader of the black community or other minority with special status, and Repubs responded in such fashion, they would be labelled racist, biggots, ect. The hypocrisy of that bunch is nauseating.

I see, if they get to be accusatory and hyperbolic then by God so do you.
    Maybe it's wrong when both sides do it.

Top Bottom