• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deer hunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    I like spam sliced and fried with cheese melted on top. Another way is to slice the spam, beat an egg and dip the spam slices in the egg. Then crumble some crackers and coat the spam slices in the cracker crumbs. Fry and enjoy!:rockwoot:

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I like turkey spam! just fry it and serve. Or grill it and add some onion or BBQ sauce. or bothe :) yummy

rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    If I have to eat SPAM I follow a salmon patty recipe I have. And just substitute the salmon with the SPAM. It's quite good you don't really realize your eating SPAM.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    smiley_emoticons_spam3.gif

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Vienna Sausages make GREAT SHTF food. They fill you up, come in a compact size, and won't make you :puke: eating them straight from the can! Plus it has a handy "juice" you can drink when you're done... :D

I have a ton of them in my food supply...

deer hunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Vienna Sausages make GREAT SHTF food. They fill you up, come in a compact size, and won't make you :puke: eating them straight from the can! Plus it has a handy "juice" you can drink when you're done... :D

I have a ton of them in my food supply...

:yesway: Everyone should have a supply of Vienna Sausages.:rockwoot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    When you're starving, homeless, and have nothing else to drink, you make due with what you got. Trust me. Issues, yup, I had them.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Dude...call me next time...we'll ring the juice out of some Spam together. At least it has some flavor. ;)

:D Back then, we'd never have gotten along. I was young and dumb and hated you because of your badge. I've since grown up and respect you AND that badge. Funny how things work out.

:patriot:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I don't eat it as much as I used to, maybe 4 times a year nowm but, sliced little more than 1/4 inch thick, fried till it starts to get crispy, and eaten on lightly toasted bread with some mustard and ketchup and a healthy side of steak fries.

Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    I've been picking up Spam (or its generic equivalents) as part of my long term food storage. Aldi's brand of Brookdale Farms is about a buck cheaper than SPAM, and now Wal Mart is stocking its generic, Great Value pork product, for about the same price as Aldi.

Having said that, I wanted to compare Wal Marts generic to Aldis and the "name brand" Spam...They are very nearly identical to each other in terms of salt, fat, calories, serving size etc etc etc.

Man, I cant eat this stuff regularly.

I sliced it thin (like about how a ham slice with my breakfast should be) and I got about 8 slices plus the two rounded ends that i diced up for the omlettes. (can said serving size of six per container)

This stuff is so freakin' salty man...its like a salt lick. In a SHTF scenario, its all good...but trying to use it on a regular basis, I cant see it. One thing I will say, is that after frying it up in the cast iron pan, you dont need to oil the pan for the eggs...the spam has more than enough.

Top Bottom