• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This stuff is so freakin' salty man...its like a salt lick. In a SHTF scenario, its all good...but trying to use it on a regular basis, I cant see it. One thing I will say, is that after frying it up in the cast iron pan, you dont need to oil the pan for the eggs...the spam has more than enough.

Hormel makes a low-sodium Spam and it's horrible. As much as the salty taste is overloaded, it's worse without it, IMHO.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    A delicious treat that's neat to eat
    this salty, greasy quasi-meat.

With a fox or in a box,
    while wearing socks or mocking Glocks...

I do so love baked beans and SPAM!
    Thank you! Thank you, SPAM-I-am!:)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Trust the SPAM.

Fry it, grill it, nuke it, or eat it cold out of the can.

Wrap SPAM cubes in bacon on a toothpick skewer and bake to perfection. Dip in cheese.

Mmmm.

I have a "single slice pack" of spam in my 'fridge now. When last I tried it, I heated the slice in the microwave and then put it on a sandwich with cheese.

It still tasted like dog food smells.

I'm willing to give it one more chance, but if that is not more palatable, it will be the last time I voluntarily purchase it.

ATM, the cubes are only good because of the bacon wrapped around them; Proof positive that bacon can make anything edible.

Blessings,
    Bill

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    I have always liked spam. Sliced and fried with a bit of burn then topped with mircale whip. simply tasty.

I have 12 or so cans of it most of the time as it is easy to fix and quite filling. And actually all this talking about spam has made my decision on what I am having for supper tonight :D

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    I had forgotten. Vienna Sausage, Cheese Whiz and Pagen Pink Ripple. You know "Whats the price 50 twice."

This was a GI meal two days before pay day. Ah the good old days. Probably haven eaten it since.

US Army where every day is a holiday and every meal is a banquet.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Best way to serve Spam.

Remove from can and dice into small cubes (about 1/4"). LIGHTLY saute in real butter, with spanish onions, garlic, and sage.

Add 1/4 teaspoon olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Add sliced cucumber, 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and 1 tablespoon tobasco sauce.

Remove from heat and puree' in a blender.

Pour over any dry dog food:puke:

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Uncooked SPAM = not good
    Pan fried SPAM = not bad

I browned both sides and then "chased" it with grapes and it got rid of the salty after taste. Good little snack, SPAM and grapes.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    :bacondance:Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam. Didn't Monty Python do a spam bit. GF won't eat it but "tolerates" my odd tastes. Thick sliced, grill to just turning crispy, lightly buttered toast, helmans and a smear of mustard!! I'm....starting to get emotional now, gotta go

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Best way to serve Spam.

Remove from can and dice into small cubes (about 1/4"). LIGHTLY saute in real butter, with spanish onions, garlic, and sage.

Add 1/4 teaspoon olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Add sliced cucumber, 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and 1 tablespoon tobasco sauce.

Remove from heat and puree' in a blender.

Pour over any dry dog food:puke:

Other than the dog food sounds pretty good, of course I don't know what kind of dog food we're talking here either.:laugh:

Top Bottom