• ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    you should name it 'the old lady'.

"Sorry, can't come over right now. I just got the old lady turned on and I've got work to do."

"Man, the old lady is really working hard today"

and 5 years from now

"The old lady just isn't cutting it any more. Time to upgrade."

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    If you were a fan of The Venture Bros. (or about a hundred other anime series), you'd know who he is. For VB fans, he's the voice of Dean Venture, and yeah, it was pretty cool to meet him.

You can call it "My Daisy" or just "Daisy"

Perhaps "HELPeR"

pdg45acp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Kokomo
    NewEgg. ............... I bought from Tiger Direct once, but they hounded me CONSTANTLY to buy more stuff. It was worse than Omaha Steaks. ..........

Yep, I've been there with that.

I'll still buy from Tiger Direct but only if they some kind of super deal.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Spengler has a pulse! He's not out of the woods yet. BP is still low and breathing is shallow, but he's stable. We're working on chipset drivers and wedging them into the Windows install on the old drive so I don't have to wipe and reload. The brain transplant was a success though. Memory capacity is quadrupled, recall speeds are exponentially higher, and he can think almost unbelievably fast. POST time is under three seconds.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Sorry to hear about your loss, but I'm jelly you're getting to build a new one. I have two Core i7 PC's, so I won't need to upgrade for a LONG time :(

I needed a PC building fix so bad, I loaned a buddy of mine the money to build his new computer. Went with him to buy all the parts, put it together for him and then sat there smiling like a proud Papa as he loaded up the OS and games. Next best thing to building myself a new one...lol!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm running into the usual motherboard-replacement issues when you don't re-install, but mostly it's been fine. I can only get one of my two video cards to react, though. Not sure what's going on there. Compared to the old one, though, it's ridiculously fast. It's quite nice to not have to wait whenever I click on a link.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I prefer to reinstall the OS from scratch when I upgrade, to avoid odd issues like you're finding. That said, have you tried removing the chipset and video drivers in safe mode and reinstalling? Not sure what else would cause only one to work. Did you upgrade to an SSD while you were at it, or did you already have one? SSD's make a huge difference in system speed and smoothness.

Top Bottom