• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • half-glocked

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    This reminds me of a family story that my younger brother and I still get mocked for.

My mother was driving us back from a Home School Debate Tournament (I know, I lived such a rock-star life) when my younger brother and I swear to this day that we saw a big black animal plodding along the side of a country road (we both thought it was a bear). We tried to relay our concerns to our mother, who didn't see anything. She immediately told us it had to be either a cow or a llama.

Ever since then, each family gathering my poor brother and I have been ruthlessly mocked for having seen were-cows.

Jason R. Bruce

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    One of my buddies' neighbors caught a black panther on his trail cam in Hardinsburg, IN, which isn't all that far from Paoli.

Hardinsburg is a VERY small community I've been predator hunting six months out of the year for almost 15 years, I'd like to see your friend's picture.

As for a Google search turning up other "sightings" in Southern Indiana... seems like it's usually the passers-by that observe the ultra-rare exotic species.

"I wouldn't have seen it, if I hadn't believed it."

628x471.jpg

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    A friend once told me that he was driving home late one night and he saw EXACTLY what you described run across the road in front of him. I don't remember where he said it was but I want to say somewhere around Borden.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Several years ago, I was talking 2 guys that were up from the Kentucky border near Madison that one told me he saw a black panther circle the tree he was in, in his climber, while deer hunting when it was just starting to get light. I figured he saw a mountain lion that was normal fawn color but the lack of light made it seem black.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Unless you are out hunting and he decides you would make a nice meal. :dunno:
    Well, yeah that would suck, but I think it would be nice because mountain lions used to cover the majority of the united states, until for various reasons hunted to near extinction. Their is no doubt that mountain lions, as all natural predators, such as humans, bears, wolves, eagles, help to balance animal populations.
    Plus people like to hunt them, which equals more game! Idk maybe I'm crazy, but it would be nice, as I think others could agree, at least to not have to leave the state to hunt predators such as mountain lions and bears.

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    Now, for some reason, I cannot copy and paste but if you go to the greene county daily world site and type in mountain lion in the search box, you will see a pic of a mountain lion caught by a trail cam. The pic was taken down by crane. Whether this is true or not, I cannot verify. There is an article that accompanies the pic.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Now, for some reason, I cannot copy and paste but if you go to the greene county daily world site and type in mountain lion in the search box, you will see a pic of a mountain lion caught by a trail cam. The pic was taken down by crane. Whether this is true or not, I cannot verify. There is an article that accompanies the pic.

it's true......neighbor 1/4 mile from me has a pic of one too....i'm 4 miles from the fence....this one was taken north of Bloomfield...

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/mountain-lion-spotted-in-rural-greene-county

Last edited:

jschutz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 31, 2012
    I have family in that area and they have heard reports of a mountain lion but no confirmed sightings. No word on the color, but I'll check with the fam.

Rellik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    12-15 years ago my cousin and I were shooting a lil .25 pistol out in the back yard. We saw what I can only describe as a large black cat walking across the back pasture about 50-60 yards away. It had a very different walk than that of a normal domestic cat. It was black as black can be with a greyish silver color at the end of its tail ( may have been from the sunlight). Anyway we watched it walk to the treeline and then told my dad about it the following day. My dad and I walked around the back half of the property and we did see some large cat tracks in the mud creekside. This was in grant county.

jbdhere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Floyd County
    I have been hearing about these large cats here in Southern Indiana for a very long time. Seems there must be something to it. I was talking to a logger up around Madison and she was telling me the sightings seem to be around the same time of the year every year.

How I would love to see one.

Jbondmonroe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Columbus
    I had one on trail camera last year during deer season. I believe tracks were confirmed around the Gatesville area not too long before I seen my pic. I only had one and it was kind of blurry but you could easily tell what it was. I'm assuming that they are just passing through Indiana but if you see one, that's pretty cool. Kept me on my toes walking out to the stand in the mornings.

prepgal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Bloomington
    I had one on trail camera last year during deer season. I believe tracks were confirmed around the Gatesville area not too long before I seen my pic. I only had one and it was kind of blurry but you could easily tell what it was. I'm assuming that they are just passing through Indiana but if you see one, that's pretty cool. Kept me on my toes walking out to the stand in the mornings.

I saw big cat tracks at Gatesville while panning for gold.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN

Post them!

:postpics:

Top Bottom