• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    I spoke with JClark, Relichound and a few others about this at the get together a while back. I am going to be hosting a mini Appleseed Jan 16 at 8:00 am central time. This is a one day event and we will be going over safety and the 3 shooting positions, prone unsupported, seated and standing. The use of a loop sling, 6 steps to firing the shot, natural point of aim and riflemans cadence. There will also be some little known history and a little of what it means to be a Rifleman.
    This is open to any anyone, there will be a $10 fee which will be refunded if you sign up and attend the 2 day full Appleseed in March at Red Brush.
    It will most likely be cold so dress accordingly but remember you will need to move don't forget the hat. Bring 250 rounds of the same kind of ammo, a rifle either rimfire or centerfire, scoped or open sights and a sling. Also a mat to lay on the ground, staple gun and staples,hearing protection, eye protection, pen or sharpie, water, lunch and snacks. It will last until around 3:30 - 4:00 pm. I have to cap at 10 shooters do to range size. So pm me and let me know who and how many will be there for sure.
    Any questions ask away.
    It will be held at Red Brush range.

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    Range web site: Red Brush Rifle Range
    Map to range is on the website without a separate URL.
    Red Brush is a beautiful facility and if I weren't 2.5 hours north I would be a member!

Hawkhavn

Last edited:

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    The Range is between Bonnville and Newburgh.
    I also have some loaner rifles available.
    I will have a fire barrel going if we need it to warm and tell stories around.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    Stories? You tell STORIES???

Oh yes, I tell stories. Stories about Issac Davis, John Parker, James Barrett, Johnathan Harrington, Paul Revere and other brave men. Brave selfless men and women who knew well what they were about. Stories that will make you think when you drive home, about where we are as a country and where we are headed.:patriot:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I spoke with JClark, Relichound and a few others about this at the get together a while back. I am going to be hosting a mini Appleseed Jan 16 at 8:00 am central time. This is a one day event and we will be going over safety and the 3 shooting positions, prone unsupported, seated and standing. The use of a loop sling, 6 steps to firing the shot, natural point of aim and riflemans cadence. There will also be some little known history and a little of what it means to be a Rifleman.
    This is open to any anyone, there will be a $10 fee which will be refunded if you sign up and attend the 2 day full Appleseed in March at Red Brush.
    It will most likely be cold so dress accordingly but remember you will need to move don't forget the hat. Bring 250 rounds of the same kind of ammo, a rifle either rimfire or centerfire, scoped or open sights and a sling. Also a mat to lay on the ground, staple gun and staples,hearing protection, eye protection, pen or sharpie, water, lunch and snacks. It will last until around 3:30 - 4:00 pm. I have to cap at 10 shooters do to range size. So pm me and let me know who and how many will be there for sure.
    Any questions ask away.
    It will be held at Red Brush range.

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Im in! Ill send ya a PM.

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Come on guy's and gal's, this is a great facility ....and the training is top notch :rockwoot:Mudcat will do you right!

Drat!! I'm 4 hours North of the place. Oh well, guess I will have to run a mini of my own.

Seriously though, come on out a see what we are about. We think you will find the time well spent.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Come on guy's and gal's, this is a great facility ....and the training is top notch :rockwoot:Mudcat will do you right!

Drat!! I'm 4 hours North of the place. Oh well, guess I will have to run a mini of my own.

Seriously though, come on out a see what we are about. We think you will find the time well spent.

I'm even farther North of him than you are, Dave...barring notice of something that may be coming in the meantime, I plan to be at the Cloverdale mini that day. I'll let you know if I can't make it, but for now, plan on me being there.

See you then... of course, that begs the question of whether or not we'll have shooters there or a day of instructor trigger time!

C'mon, guys... Keep us off our rifles! ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    great! this should be alot of fun!...the future forecast says it should be in the lower 40s by next weekend..so thats nice! Ive gotta go today and find a shooting mat for my buddy...anyone know where I can find a hello kitty workout mat?:): I think Im just going to use a sleeping bag as a shooting mat.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I was excited and was gonna go until you said it was in northern kentucky not southern indiana :D I guess the closest one to me is cloverdale.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    :): hey now we may be close to northern Ky but we keep em all across the river..they are afraid of bridges and water so so far we have managed to keep em over there...{says the guy who was born and raised in western Ky}:dunno::):

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    From Bloomington you would be best to go to Cloverdale. But if you really want to come and get some of our great southern IN. hospitality I think we can fit you in.

Weather looks like it may be good too.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom