• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jclark

Grandmaster
    Feb 24, 2009
    I just want to thank Mudcat, his family and friends for putting on the Mini Appleseed today!

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Any Photos? :)

How muddy was the range?

nope..dont think anyone brought a camera:dunno: I should of.

the range wasnt to muddy...worst part was rite in front of the firing line. but from the line back its gravel so we didnt get to muddy.

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    Relichound,

Yep, lugging that concrete bench around with you would get tiring after 200 yards of so. :)

So who is up for the full thing in April?

HH

P.S. How many were there?

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Relichound,

Yep, lugging that concrete bench around with you would get tiring after 200 yards of so. :)

HH

Ill be attending the full one...and most likely every local one after,and maybe a few of the distant ones:)

crap! I dont know how many where there :laugh: lets see..5 shooters I think plus 3 instructors and 1 spectator. 9 ::):

jclark

Grandmaster
    Feb 24, 2009
    Relichound,

HH

The wife and I will be at the spring Appleseed!

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    jclark and Relichound,

Well, was it what you expected?
    Different how?

Glad to see two more folks on board! Remember to bring someone else along next time!

Hawkhavn

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    jclark and Relichound,

Well, was it what you expected?
    Different how?

Glad to see two more folks on board! Remember to bring someone else along next time!

Hawkhavn

I read enough about it from the others who have attended them that I had a pretty good idea of how it would be. but I didnt realize how in depth the coaching would be. the instructors did a GREAT job and where very patient with us all. their willingness to help was really amazing to me.

it was alot to take in for a new person like myself but as the day went on I think I got better. the biggest thing I learned was how to properly "work" the trigger and proper use of a sling and how all the muscles in your body affect your groups. Ive been shooting for over 20yrs and learned more in a couple of hours than I have in those 20yrs. itll take me a bit to get use to the things I learned but Ill get r done..just have some old habits to break first.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Feb 24, 2009
    I read enough about it from the others who have attended them that I had a pretty good idea of how it would be. but I didnt realize how in depth the coaching would be. the instructors did a GREAT job and where very patient with us all. their willingness to help was really amazing to me.

it was alot to take in for a new person like myself but as the day went on I think I got better. the biggest thing I learned was how to properly "work" the trigger and proper use of a sling and how all the muscles in your body affect your groups. Ive been shooting for over 20yrs and learned more in a couple of hours than I have in those 20yrs. itll take me a bit to get use to the things I learned but Ill get r done..just have some old habits to break first.

Yep!

Mudcat and Co. did a great job!!!!!!

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    Great! That is the way every Appleseed is supposed to be.
    I had a lot of bad habits to break as well when I got into the program.
    Looking forward to seeing you both on the line in 2010!

Hawkhavn

Last edited:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Great! That is the way every Appleseed is supposed to be. I had a lot of bad habits to breal as well when I got into the program. Looking forward to seeing you both on the line in 2010! Hawkhavn

+1 Couldn't say it better. Mudcat is a great teacher, I am sure you learned a lot and had a fun time too!

jclark

Grandmaster
    Feb 24, 2009
    +1 Couldn't say it better. Mudcat is a great teacher, I am sure you learned a lot and had a fun time too!

All 3 of them did a fine job!
    I had a great time. Wished I would have dressed warmer though!

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    Yep we all had a good time today, great weather sunny and 70deg...well almost. we had 5 shooters 4 first timers and 1 past attendee. 3 instructors and 1 spectator.
    The first redocat was a real surprize as 3 of the targets were really good looking with Relichound effective to 300 yards and JClark showing some nice groups just not on the target and Bob good to 300 too. The real surprize was after 3 volleys of no rounds on paper we ended up putting Michelle on a loaner . She put together some great groups. In all positions just not on the same AQT heck I believe everyone did as a matter of fact.
    I believe with a little practice all 3 should make Rifleman in the near future. It will be a pleasure to have you all at the March Appleseed.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom