• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    Got to shoot Open at Riley, money on the line :-). Way to go Aron you are the MAN. No really JT is the man,I had to give him an entire squads scores over the phone and he still gets the scores up the same day. Our last stage #3 kicked my BUTT 2 standind reloads and a miss don't get it. SS challenge at Silver Creek this sunday????

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    Dusten and Matt and Sylvia copied their scores sheet over their selves because that squad didn't keep the sheets very dry and we couldn't score on them for the classifier so they just forgot to put down their times. I know yesterday was a mess for everyone.

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    South Central is going to have a new building built for storeage soon. We will have room to store everything in side and I will purchase some collapable awenings for days like yesterday for each bay so we can keep the scores sheeets dry and maybe the shooters we stay a LITTLE drier.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Trying to cut new grooves in your brain is difficult. With an excellent Coach, I've been shown areas where I can improve. However, being shown them and then trying to think about them while you are shooting can be disastrous near term to one's game. It affected my accuracy, normally not too much of an issue with me. I managed to shoot MI state clean. I change my routine and then have 5 mikes at a club match.

Hat's off to Aron for his division win. Well done.

The stages were fun. Thanks for the match to Max and crew

Now to start dryfiring

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Got to shoot Open at Riley, money on the line :-). Way to go Aron you are the MAN. No really JT is the man,I had to give him an entire squads scores over the phone and he still gets the scores up the same day. Our last stage #3 kicked my BUTT 2 standind reloads and a miss don't get it. SS challenge at Silver Creek this sunday????

Well maybe someday I will be in JT's league. :)

If I shoot this next weekend it will be Warsaw. I have another goal that I still have not fulfilled and I need the classifiers.

Single stack is done for another year. It is not where my game is. You will just have to go beat up on the Kentucky mafia and the Rat Bastards.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    meh, I can't help with any of the physical stuff, this is the closest I can get to actually doing something worthwhile to help with the sport.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Trying to cut new grooves in your brain is difficult. With an excellent Coach, I've been shown areas where I can improve.

I've been suffering from that a little myself. I worked on a lot of things yesterday and it showed in my finish. But, I'm not going to get better playing it safe.

Big mistake I made was doing it at Riley, where I'm in the running.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Trying to cut new grooves in your brain is difficult. With an excellent Coach, I've been shown areas where I can improve. However, being shown them and then trying to think about them while you are shooting can be disastrous near term to one's game. It affected my accuracy, normally not too much of an issue with me. I managed to shoot MI state clean. I change my routine and then have 5 mikes at a club match.

Hat's off to Aron for his division win. Well done.

The stages were fun. Thanks for the match to Max and crew

Now to start dryfiring

I have to figure out how to get faster, the points are there but I'm always a couple of seconds off the pace. I would hate to have to resort to weight loss at this stage:)

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I have to figure out how to get faster, the points are there but I'm always a couple of seconds off the pace. I would hate to have to resort to weight loss at this stage:)

I don't think there is any reason to get drastic. Jake and Coach put down those faster times and they aren't exactly watching their girlish figures.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

There are alot of things that a person can do to speed things up that don't include shooting any faster or loosing weight
    (and loosing weight isn't necessarily going to make you any faster on your feet, or more explosive out of a position)

Draw
    Reloads
    setting up going into a position

everything you do when you are not shooting is what has to be faster

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Faster

Jake left off transitions between targets. This is a big place to make up time. Having your plan down pat and running it on auto-pilot rather than thinking your way through the stage is another. The plan needs to be one that you can remember and execute at your ability. Snapping the eyes from target to target.

I guaretee that losing weight will help with foot speed, but it can create other issues. If I weighed 225 pounds I would have to buy cleats to have the same footing and traction.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

Video a stage or two and break it down and the places where the time is lost should stand out. Tape Riley next time and email it to me and I will break it down for you.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    If I weighed 225 pounds I would have to buy cleats to have the same footing and traction.

I think these are what you need

vibram-five-fingers-shoes%255B1%255D.png

Top Bottom