• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Overview: A man finds a guy in his home. The home owner was said to be shaving. Anyways, the man hears something and gets a handgun and as he is walking through his house, he comes into view of one of the burglars. The man shoots at the burglar, striking him at least once in the back of the head. The police say the man claims the burglar and him first made the initial "I see you, you see me" type contact as the burglar was coming down the stairs. Burglar was initially said to have had a bag that belonged to the home owner that the home owner knew to contain his shotgun and ammo. Other reports and the 911 tape say the burglar had the shotgun in his hand.

So the burglar is shot, ends up being shot in the back of the head. Crime scene photos show the burglar laying just outside a door frame. Crime scene photos don't show a bag or shotgun, but they do show the items officers found in his pockets: Handcuffs, butterfly knife, and cell phone.

Eventually the home owner hears another person upstairs, and flees to a neighbors home where a 911 call is placed.

WCIV-TV | ABC News 4 - 911 recording released in deadly home invasion

Of course the home invaders family is upset. Since almost day one, one of the uncles, who is doing most of the interviews, walks right up to the line in saying he home owner should be charged. One news report said that they were very upset that someone from LE basically made a statement they weren't going to investigate any further while still at an active crime scene. There are many claims that LE is covering this incident up. Claims that they are saying a different firearm was used, the criminal never had a gun, that they won't release that the home owner's son was friends with the criminal, etc..

Now that they have evidence that the criminal was shot in the back of the head, they are really upset. To them, this indicates the home invader was running away, and they are claiming that the "immediate" part of the SC Castle Doctrine law could basically never, ever be met if a suspect is turned away from the victim. They have called for a federal investigation, threatened a lawsuit, and started a Facebook page which has since appeared to have been deleted. There is said to have been many threats against the homeowner on their Facebook page. Of course this really upset folks who support the homeowner and they have started their own Facebook page:

Truth About Bobby Gadsden | Facebook

Here is an interview from some family members shortly after the incident:

WCIV-TV | ABC News 4 - Family speaks out in burglary shooting

The latest from the family is below. This is really getting ridiculous. The family flat out refuses to cast their family member in any negative light. They refused to discuss his criminal activity, it was one of the things "off-limits" on a radio interview they did. They also claim the victim is a "marksman" (if I recall correctly) and therefore any shot any such person takes is a directed and wilful shot. They claim this means the victim wanted to murder the criminal:

The Bobby Gadsden Shooting Justified or Homicide 04/22 by CenterStage | Blog Talk Radio

Now they are saying even more ridiculous things now that the official crime scene photos and autopsy reports have been released:

Home Invasion Questions | The Post and Courier, Charleston SC - News, Sports, Entertainment

I find their agenda just silly.

-They can't come to admit their family member was involved in a criminal act, they refer to it as a "mistake."

-They claim their family member was not armed because there was no gun in the crime scene photos. What about his hands and feet? People have been beaten to death in this world. What about the butterfly knife that is photographed in the crime scene report?

-They claim that the criminal wouldn't hurt anyone, but why would he need handcuffs on his person? Seems like those would only be used to bound someone who they might find in a home they are burglarizing.

-They are trying to make it sound like a set-up, since there is no way to know with 100% truth how the two burglars got into the guy's home. They admit there is a garage door that appears to have been forced open, but claim that since there is no solid proof in any public documents, folks can't just come to the conclusion that was the point of entry, or that the two burglars did enter the home without permission.

-They flatout refuse to even consider the fact that a human being can turn 180 degrees within one second of time. They keep harping on the fact that the shot to the back of the head is evidence of a calculated murder on the part of the victim.

Oh, and to even make matters worse, the victim is white and the criminal was black.

It will be interesting to see where this case goes, especially with any civil lawsuit that might be filed. Public opinion is about 1,000,000:1 against the claims and statements made by the family.

We now have about two generations that seem to view certain theft crimes as a lifestyle, and thus deadly force shouldn't ever be used upon these offenders. Oh, here is another link to another radio program hosted by the same lady. This one they are discussing castle doctrine. I haven't heard it yet:

The Castle Doctrine Goes on Trial 04/29 by CenterStage | Blog Talk Radio

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    May I remind them of the doctor in CT who was beaten and bound to later have his wife and 11 yo daughter raped then killed along with another daughter. Why do we have to wait for intruders to actually kill before they get stopped? And turning a back does not mean fleeing. It can be looking for cover to continue the fight. This is such balogne.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i certainly care NOTHING about what mans law says if someone breaks into my house. I view it as a direct threat to my life, I dont care if they are holding a dildo. I will handle it accordingly. there will be no warnings called out. the warning was my door or window they broke through. I have no problems killing a person who seeks to do me or mine any kind of harm. and then if their family wants to spout off **** I would tell them to Shut The **** Up, their deceased family member was a worthless Piece Of **** that will now be maggot food and the world will be better off!

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    i certainly care NOTHING about what mans law says if someone breaks into my house. I view it as a direct threat to my life, I dont care if they are holding a dildo. I will handle it accordingly. there will be no warnings called out. the warning was my door or window they broke through. I have no problems killing a person who seeks to do me or mine any kind of harm. and then if their family wants to spout off **** I would tell them to STFU, their deceased family member was a worthless POS!
    A person could be beat to death with a dildo. Some of those things are monster huge, like the Rambone :lmfao:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    A person could be beat to death with a dildo. Some of those things are monster huge, like the Rambone :lmfao:

hey if armored up SWAT teams can shoot guys standing still holding a golf club in their own home, then I should definitely be justified in shooting a intruder who is holding a dildo right? :):

i dont care if they are holding air, they will be eating floor soon. hands alone are very deadly weapons, and im not taking chances.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    i certainly care NOTHING about what mans law says if someone breaks into my house. I view it as a direct threat to my life, I dont care if they are holding a dildo. I will handle it accordingly. there will be no warnings called out. the warning was my door or window they broke through. I have no problems killing a person who seeks to do me or mine any kind of harm. and then if their family wants to spout off **** I would tell them to Shut The **** Up, their deceased family member was a worthless Piece Of **** that will now be maggot food and the world will be better off!
    Couldn't have said it any better.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    I had a teacher in high school (criminal justice class) that told us "if someone breaks into your house and you shoot them, make sure that they can't testify. If they don't have a weapon on them, kindly lend them one"

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    hey if armored up SWAT teams can shoot guys standing still holding a golf club in their own home, then I should definitely be justified in shooting a intruder who is holding a dildo right? :):

i dont care if they are holding air, they will be eating floor soon. hands alone are very deadly weapons, and im not taking chances.
    Just say you thought it was one of those ceramic glocks you heard about on TV

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Maybe with all the news coverage, the rest of the scumbags in the area will realize that home invasion, burglary, etc. is a very dangerous occupation.

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    Live by the sword, die by the sword.

If you're going to steal from others with a butterfly knife and handcuffs expect to be dealt with accordingly.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    felony-occupational-hazard-sign.jpg

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Wow. Reps to the OP for the nice summary!

Seriously, how has our culture gotten to a point where someone will defend a family member who is a felon, a thief, and probably violent?

That family should be keeping their mouths shut, and be thankful the homeowner can't sue them for raising an idiot.

Chrolle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Beech Grove

Agreed, my thoughts exactly. Someone comes in my house with intent to rob or other wise harm me or my family.. that person will be spent.

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    While browsing the Facebook Page(which I "liked" btw) I found this video that someone had posted... It's Great!!!
    :popcorn:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngsKzdKNAmo[/ame]

Top Bottom