• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My Government and Media tell me that terrorism is wrong, yet they all want to celebrate Nelson Mandela.

It is good that they drop the mask to convey their true thoughts.

Native Americans, freedom fighters or terrorists?

Kut (seem to think that they're a celebrated group amongst most Anericans)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    On INGO maybe, but rules on the internet? Please, tell me another! I needed that laugh.

Honestly, and I actually like the poster that broke this understood "rule," yes it's kinda out of line. A private message is (I thought) universally understood to be only between the sender and recipient.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    It doesn't make it OK, even when we don't agree with what someone says. Rights are rights. Right to express an opinion, right to privacy. I thought defending rights was kind of what this place was about?

Rights protect us from the government.

I apologize for posting contents of a PM. I've removed it from my previous post.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    On INGO maybe, but rules on the internet? Please, tell me another! I needed that laugh.
    I assume you were never a usenet user back in the old days. There were lots of rules and if you didn't follow them you would be removed from the group. IRC channels had rules... So yeah.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He signed off on the deaths of innocent people, lots of them

Nelson Mandela was the head of UmKhonto we Sizwe, (MK), the terrorist wing of the ANC and South African Communist Party. At his trial, he had pleaded guilty to 156 acts of public violence including mobilising terrorist bombing campaigns, which planted bombs in public places, including the Johannesburg railway station. Many innocent people, including women and children, were killed by Nelson Mandela’s MK terrorists. Here are some highlights

-Church Street West, Pretoria, on the 20 May 1983

-Amanzimtoti Shopping complex KZN, 23 December 1985

-Krugersdorp Magistrate’s Court, 17 March 1988

-Durban Pick ‘n Pay shopping complex, 1 September 1986

-Pretoria Sterland movie complex 16 April 1988 – limpet mine killed ANC terrorist M O Maponya instead

-Johannesburg Magistrate’s Court, 20 May 1987

-Roodepoort Standard Bank 3 June, 1988

Tellingly, not only did Mandela refuse to renounce violence, Amnesty refused to take his case stating “[the] movement recorded that it could not give the name of ‘Prisoner of Conscience’ to anyone associated with violence, even though as in ‘conventional warfare’ a degree of restraint may be exercised.”

You listed terrorist acts from 1983-88? Lol, you do know he was imprisoned for 27 years including that time right?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I assume you were never a usenet user back in the old days. There were lots of rules and if you didn't follow them you would be removed from the group. IRC channels had rules... So yeah.

You couldn't be removed from a USENET group, only blocked from the moderated ones, and even then a reasonably savvy hacker could get around that. Even by the end there weren't that many moderated groups compared to open ones.

RIP Mr. Mandela.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    So were the Founding Fathers of our nation. Take your vitriolic hatred elsewhere.

Edit to Add:
    [Redacted to please the sensitive]

Wow. A woman tries to stand up for the same rights that the good ol' boys fight for, and she's "sensitive"? Whatever. Maybe I don't fit in here as well as I thought.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Wow. A woman tries to stand up for the same rights that the good ol' boys fight for, and she's "sensitive"? Whatever. Maybe I don't fit in here as well as I thought.

What are you talking about? You think I'm referring to you and only you when I used the word sensitive? :laugh: There are several other posters who complained about it also, so I removed it. And what are you getting at when you say you're standing up for rights?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You couldn't be removed from a USENET group, only blocked from the moderated ones, and even then a reasonably savvy hacker could get around that. Even by the end there weren't that many moderated groups compared to open ones.

You could be blocked from moderated groups, you could end up on everyone's ignore list. You could morph but once you were identified as an undesirable, you were ignored, which to me is essentially removed from the group. So even if it was unmoderated, if you were ignored by the group, what is the difference?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    You could be blocked from moderated groups, you could end up on everyone's ignore list. You could morph but once you were identified as an undesirable, you were ignored, which to me is essentially removed from the group. So even if it was unmoderated, if you were ignored by the group, what is the difference?

What you are describing was the first few years of USENET. By 1990 or so there were very few groups with that much group cohesion and discipline. By the end 99% of USENET was like the general topics section of arfcom without the threat of being banned.

I miss USENET. Little islands of community within a vast sea of chaos.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    So are you saying they don't apply here?

I'll answer that with a few questions for you.

Are you allowed to say whatever you want here?

Can you carry a firearm on another person's property if they've forbidden you from doing so?

Can you organize an assembly on a corporations property to voice displeasure?

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    Honestly, and I actually like the poster that broke this understood "rule," yes it's kinda out of line. A private message is (I thought) universally understood to be only between the sender and recipient.

If that is a rule on INGO, then I agree to be held to it. However, this saying of universal rules on the internet? C'mon.....

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th

I was on Usenet pretty actively from about 1998-2001. Even during that period, a lot of Usenet was the wild west. Do as you please kind of deal. Maybe if it was a moderated group, but that was few and far between.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh jeeze. I understand that threads get sidetracked. That's the nature of conversation. But HTF does a thread about the death of Nelson Mandela become a petty squabble about usenet etiquette?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'll answer that with a few questions for you.

Are you allowed to say whatever you want here?
    Yes, as long as it does not violate forum policy.

Can you carry a firearm on another person's property if they've forbidden you from doing so?
    Totally irrelevant to this discussion.

Can you organize an assembly on a corporations property to voice displeasure?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Yes, as long as it does not violate forum policy.

Irrelevant?? What?? You said you were standing up for rights. I said rights protect you from the government not from people. You seem to disagree. I outline three situations in which rights cannot be exercised because they do not protect you from other people. Now you claim my points are irrelevant. I'm lost then. What is it you are trying to have a conversation about?

Top Bottom