• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    We would take the live trap to the water and baptize them so to speak. Water keeps the smell away if you can move em without spraying. A packing blanket is what we used as a shield. A good 22 shell cost to much to dispatch a skunk. they are not worth the trouble or the 3 cents to shoot em.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    +1 for:
    8oz 3percent Hydrogen Peroxide
    1tsp baking soda
    1 drop liquid hand soap

It works great, the dog got sprayed last year, first time we had a skunk on the farm for a while. I dont know what happened to that skunk though...

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    We've had a skunk hanging around for a month or so now... haven't gotten a good look at him, but he's messed up the dogs a few times.

This morning, I went out with the spotlight to make sure it was all clear for the dogs, and there he was, just about 30 yards away from the deck, in the perfect position to be dispatched.

I rushed inside, grabbed the wife's quiet little .22, and went to the ammo closet.

.223... shotgun shells... .45 ACP...

WHERE THE HELL ARE MY .22 LR'S!?!?!?!?!?!

I know I've got at least a thousand rounds of that crap, and I can't find a single shell! :xmad::bash::wallbash:

If it's like my house, the wife 'organized' or 'straightened up' on a whim one day.... :xmad::cool:

I love her anyways. I usually do the 'straightening' in 'my' areas now. :yesway:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    If it's like my house, the wife 'organized' or 'straightened up' on a whim one day.... :xmad::cool:

I love her anyways. I usually do the 'straightening' in 'my' areas now. :yesway:

This is a persistent source of argument around here... I'm about to post a "no girls allowed" sign on my office door.

Mokkie

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    Keep in mined that the trap and blanket method are not 100% fool proof but the odds are better than dispatching the critter and hoping that you dont have a leakage problem. Good luck. And you might not want to get to close to the critter as you are walking out the door to go to a public gathering.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    just shot it with the 45 lol

Would prefer not to have the neighbors calling the local constabulary. Wife's .22 is quiet enough to do the job without people getting overly upset -- we don't live real close to one another, but close enough.

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    you could always give it the water babtism and then get a needle and syring from TSC an draw the stinky juice out , it goes for upwards of $10 to $20 an oz. lol
    if you dare:D

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    We've got a pet one that runs around our lawn in front of our building at work. I work 2nd shift and see him out there quite a bit. I'm waiting for him to get the drop on someone walking in to work at 6 while it's still dark out.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma

Nothing new to report...

...except that, as expected, as soon as I got home from Wal-Mart with a fresh 600 rounds, I found the stuff hiding in an ammo can underneath a jacket that had fallen off its hook in the dark corner of the closet.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Nothing new to report...

...except that, as expected, as soon as I got home from Wal-Mart with a fresh 600 rounds, I found the stuff hiding in an ammo can underneath a jacket that had fallen off its hook in the dark corner of the closet.

You seem to have the same sort of luck that I do...

Top Bottom