• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Major personal space violation. You have to keep your situational awareness up and keep the rug rats and the milfs at arms length.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I didn't say that at all. I just think if the woman had started screaming, the cops get called (maybe one of the many we have read about that hates open carry anyway), who knows what may have happened. He could have been looking at an assault charge with defense costs.

Oh please :rolleyes:

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    i was at the luke gas station in burns harbor off rt.20 last week...just got off work..oc'ing my xd.45....when a teen...about 16 or 17 asks my what i would do if he grabbed my gun...he was with a girl so i figured he was trying to impress her....i just told him to grab it and find out...but it made me think..what would i do if someone grabs my gun?...now i keep my ruger 357 cc on the other side...but was just wondering..what would you do if someone went for your gun..?

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    IMO, :+1:to both of you.
    To you, I am sure that the kid learned a very valuable lesson. It was reaction and an understandable one.
    The mother, for her understanding that sometimes kids learn the hard way.
    I would assume that you knocking the kid comforted her more than if say the kid had ended up with a loaded firearm in his hands.
    I am glad that she understood and obviously appreciated the fact that you have control of your firearm.:ingo:
    BTW- If this had been me as a kid, after you back handed me, I'd have spun around and Mha would'v got me a second time.:D :stretcher:

Last edited:

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    YOU WILL NOT TOUCH MY WEAPON!

Seriously though, you handled it good. So did the mom.

The very. last. thing. we can let happen when carrying is for someone gain control of our firearm (aside from leo performing a lawful act).

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I guess I would have remembered the 3-5 year old was in my area and if there was a tug I would have grabbed the firearm and spun.

I am around kids all day and remember when they are in my area and have a mental switch for that. It overrides all other, even a retention response.

You are very lucky and hopefully the kid will not take the wrong lesson away. But, please, if you are going to carry into situations with kids in them be aware of when they are still in your space and when they are not. A grab, or shove is one thing, but a backhand/elbow to a small child is not 100% their fault if you knew they were within 10' of you.

I guess I would turn down response until I knew it was not the kid.

And again, you are lucky first and foremost that the kid was not hurt (not only legally but morally). And, yeah, heaven was shining on you that mom did not call the cops and file assault on you which might have stuck in some places.

Imagine being in court explaining how you had to backhand a 3-5 year old in order to keep him from grabbing your gun which was obviously not secure (if it was secure why did you need to hit the kid?).

That would be a bad place for you, and for the rest of us.

Bad place.

Think on it.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    That'll teach him... He had it coming.

black+eye+day+2.jpg

kcw12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2008
    I guess I would have remembered the 3-5 year old was in my area and if there was a tug I would have grabbed the firearm and spun.

I am around kids all day and remember when they are in my area and have a mental switch for that. It overrides all other, even a retention response.

You are very lucky and hopefully the kid will not take the wrong lesson away. But, please, if you are going to carry into situations with kids in them be aware of when they are still in your space and when they are not. A grab, or shove is one thing, but a backhand/elbow to a small child is not 100% their fault if you knew they were within 10' of you.

I guess I would turn down response until I knew it was not the kid.

And again, you are lucky first and foremost that the kid was not hurt (not only legally but morally). And, yeah, heaven was shining on you that mom did not call the cops and file assault on you which might have stuck in some places.

Imagine being in court explaining how you had to backhand a 3-5 year old in order to keep him from grabbing your gun which was obviously not secure (if it was secure why did you need to hit the kid?).

That would be a bad place for you, and for the rest of us.

Bad place.

Think on it.

I too am around kids, but the kids I'm around know better on touching guns. But id rather be in court over that, then carried by six cause i got shot with my own gun.

But everything went and its done. Im just glad it went as it did.

Top Bottom