• JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    That'll teach him... He had it coming.

black+eye+day+2.jpg

I'm pretty sure I know that kid if he's from Michigan. Where'd you get that pic?

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Excellent awareness. That woman and child who were behind you less than one second earlier had probably left the scene replaced by a common street thug who was almost certainly going to use your gun to kill everyone in the place. Throwing 'bows was the right decision.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Next thread: I OC'd at a Day care and won a gang fight.

Cops go every where with guns on, yet you rarely hear about them having to knock kids senseless who are just out of diapers. You should shoulder some of the resposnibility for what happened. That is why you posted this thread. Guilt drove you to look for approval from the group think.

A compromise would be to tazer the kid then discuss it over coffee at Starbucks with the Mom.

Obviously the Mom was hot for you, you were just too distracted by your gun to notice.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    ...Seriously, you train to retain your weapon, anything else and you might as well not carry one.
    Anything else is downright irresponsible! I train to quickly and firmly get a hand on my pistol as I turn to look. My training does not include throwing an elbow. Not that I blame someone for throwing an elbow when they get surprised. Everyone gets distracted, at some point, and could get surprised.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Excellent awareness. That woman and child who were behind you less than one second earlier had probably left the scene replaced by a common street thug who was almost certainly going to use your gun to kill everyone in the place. Throwing 'bows was the right decision.

Cops go every where with guns on, yet you rarely hear about them having to knock kids senseless who are just out of diapers. You should shoulder some of the resposnibility for what happened. That is why you posted this thread. Guilt drove you to look for approval from the group think.

A compromise would be to tazer the kid then discuss it over coffee at Starbucks with the Mom.

Obviously the Mom was hot for you, you were just too distracted by your gun to notice.
    Dudes...it was reflex. Give the guy a break.
    If some kid had slipped his gun out and fired it, you'd be jumping his **** for that!

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Dudes...it was reflex. Give the guy a break.
    If some kid had slipped his gun out and fired it, you'd be jumping his **** for that!
    Your God damn right I would and he was half there. He put his gun on display. That was a concious choice he made. He is 100% responsible for that weapon and what comes next.

Reflex is sub conscious. If you are not familiar with it muscle memorization takes 2000 reps. Your brain comes way before that with situational awareness and that is what they try in a court of law, not reflexes.

Who says the Mom didn't tell the kid to try to steal it? Once a stranger approaches you about your weapon your brain should be in overdrive and certainly not turn your back on them. Just me, I don't rely on reflexes.

Simply put, does it surprise you a situation arose with that weapoin right after a stranger approached him about it? That is the only fact we know. We don't know the Mom's intent, the small child's intent or if anyone else nearby was with her. They saw a gun and went towards it.

I don't belive in coincidences, never.

On a side note, go look how people make videos of snatching guns from Fobus holsters

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Simply put, does it surprise you a situation arose with that weapoin right after a stranger approached him about it?

Since you quoted me, I'll presume this was directed to me.
    Answer: Nerp. But then I'm an advocate of situational awareness and concealment.

Even so, I'm not gonna jump on somebody that instinctively covers their gun when someone touches it, brushes it, whatever (purposely or accidentally)...whether it's open or concealed. :twocents:

kcw12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2008

I'm not sure if your being a smart hinney or actually think that, but I am taking this as a insult.

Now for your reply. Needed approval from group think, nope, none at all. I posted this thread because I found it out of the ordinary for a kid to grab a gun on a persons side. And get the wheels turning in some peoples head, what would happen if this happened to me. I browse this forum and see situations and i think what would i have done in that situation. No man can think of every situation that he's going to get into.

Was I responsible, Yes, I was going to retain my weapon, Even from a curious 4 year old. As someone else said, what happens if he would have got it and fired? That would have been bad. I've had many people ask about my firearm, most have been enthusiasts, and went about my business. Nothing ever touched. Was i soposed to side step the entire time grab my food like I'm a paranoid crazy man and watch them the entire time?

I am going to get me another holster as soon as i can afford to. Probably a nice thumbreak leather type holster. I would like a serpa but they do not make them for my gun.

Top Bottom