• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    The room now smells like mold/mildew. Should we tell them to rip the floors up? It has been 85%+ humidity in the room for over 24 hours now. My humidity thermometer is still showing 85%. We are in the lowest level so we are actually below ground some. Our windows start at ground level. Humidity stays in here. It's raining outside and the humidity level is 94% so opening windows is of no help right now.

IF they won't move you, (try your best to do that, first) turn your AC on, and crank it down to 55 or so, and close it up and go somewhere for the weekend. The AC will help dry out your apartment by removing a lot of the moisture, and the coolness will slow mold/mildew growth.

Hopefully, the management will move you to a new apartment.

Passive101

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    La Porte
    I am giving them this letter

6/11/09

apt name/

The door to our apt at deleted has been kicked in. The door itself is split. The door frame is also split and damaged. Both need to be replaced in a timely matter as this is a security issue. When we moved in it was already like this. A brass plate was put over the door nob as a temporary fix to hold the door together.

The light above the sink in the bathroom has still yet to be fixed.

The room with water damage is beginning to smell from when someone turned the water on by the washer and dryers. This could also be a health risk. The carpet most likely needs to be removed and the area cleaned. The power has been turned off on us and the water heater has also been turned off. The dryer has never been able to dry a load of clothes unless they were put in 2-3 times and even then some things are still damp.

No proactive measures are being taken to increase security or safety of the tenants in the building and this does concern us as we have been informed this has been an ongoing issue in these buildings.

If there is an opening in the nicer apts we would be willing to re-locate. If we could do so without paying more monthly we would be willing to do that. Detail to such a change could be worked out between both parties.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    When I lived in an apartment the water heater barely worked the manager would do nothing about it, but a letter to the owner sure took care of it
    Kenny

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    I'll take the leap of faith in assuming that you're Circle_Cutter on AR15.com based on similarities posted on both boards.

Warrant out for my arrest! - AR15.COM

I was drunk one night working on my bike. Came inside my apt and didn't want the entry way door to slam. I stuck vice grips behind me to catch it on the wood, but I was drunk, missed, and it went through a small window on the door.

Someone called the police while I was calling management to tell them about it and told them I would pay for it. Cops showed up and being drunk and pissed off since someone just trashed my motorcycle I wasn't very kind to him.

He told me he wouldn't write any tickets if I replaced it. I have already paid for it and mangement knows what happens. I did try to be a bad ass and told him I punched the window and did swear quite a bit, but in the end he didn't write anything to me.

Officer went to the property manager and then said he was pressing charges and she said she didn't want to. I found out today I had a warrant out for my arrest while I was making a police report about someone vandalizing my apt the other day. They were nice and didn't arrest me. The property manager was with us and said she wanted all the charges dropped, but apparently she couldn't stop them. The officer was nice and told me thanks for coming and he didn't know who I was. He also told me to NOT come back tonight with the property manager who will try to work things out or I will be arrested.
    smiley_freak.gif

He said if the warrant isn't dropped tonight I should show up on Wednesday to be arrested and booked into county and have to pay a 500 dollar fine.

Now I know why the places I was applying at told me I failed there background check
    icon_smile_shock.gif

Do I just wait it out? Do I call attorneys? I'm guessing I'll have to turn myself in or it will be a felony or something? I'm wondering how this will effect me applying for an IN carry permit in the next couple of weeks.

I have nothing against me ever legally and have never been arrested before or anything else. I don't even have any driving tickets in the past 12 years.

ETA. I attempted to contact the officer that was on scene for 5 or 6 days to apologize to the way I treated him while he was here. They always told me he was not on duty even when the day before they said he would be. I should not have been so disrespectful to him, but I was also incredibly drunk and pissed off. (I know that isn't a good excuse), but I did try to apologize to him.

This all begs the question, what was vandalized first, the motorcycle or the apartment?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I hate hearing news like this.. some people shouldn't even be allowed to breathe.

I wish you MUCH luck in catching them.

For real...

I'm not condoning thievery, as I have never stolen anything in my life, but vandals are even worse than thieves; at least there is something to gain from stealing, this scum is just making people miserable for no reason whatsoever.:xmad:

Top Bottom