• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    96firephoniex, try Fishers next time, they've got some GREAT UC cars! Several years ago, I watched a chick in a Mustang pull up next to a Camaro with tinted windows, chrome wheels, etc. She hit the gas hard out of the light, Camaro beside and behind her, 'til she went past 50, and blinkityblinkblink! They seem to get different cars all the time over there, maybe fpd could enlighten us?

In the late 70's, there was a Marion County Sheriff who regularly drove around 465 in an early 60's Chevy II. REALLY nice car. Jacked up in back, wide tired in back, little skinny tires in front, hood scoop, traction bars.

He'd pull up next to long-haired kids like me driving OUR muscle cars, and he'd gun it just enough to get you to nail the throttle to the floor, and then he'd pull you over. Now that I know more, I doubt he could legally do that, but hey, we were dumb teenagers with long hair and he was in a uniform. . . .

(the most amazing thing is that I NEVER got a speeding ticket, until I had sold my 69 Super Bee, and had bought a 72 Pinto!! Then I got a ticket for 42 in a 35. Go figure. . . . .)

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    i cant understand why anyone would leave a gun in their car when its parked at their house, po-lice or no.

Because it's a hassle bringing it in every day/night for starters.

On a similar note, I think theft/burglary from a locked vehicle should be justification for deadly force, not just deadly force if it's occupied.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Because it's a hassle bringing it in every day/night for starters.

On a similar note, I think theft/burglary from a locked vehicle should be justification for deadly force, not just deadly force if it's occupied.

Maybe if it was a firearm or other deadly weapon. I couldn't see shooting someone for the petty stuff I have in my car. Draw and hold at gun point, hose down with OC, taser their sorry @$$ sure.

jjlaughner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Sometimes you don't even have to break into the car! Fishers about 2007. Buddy and I are walking out of Walmart. We where working for a company that made parts and built police cars, so we nosed at a marked police car sitting in front of the front doors (see if it was one we built or had our parts).
    NOW MIND YOU! It was unlocked, running, windows down, AC cranked and a Glock sitting in the passengers seat... We waited about 10 minutes for the officer to come back out to make sure the glock stayed in the passengers seat and he just said 'oh yeah, ha' when he returned to his car.

jjlaughner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Brownsburg
    96firephoniex, try Fishers next time, they've got some GREAT UC cars! Several years ago, I watched a chick in a Mustang pull up next to a Camaro with tinted windows, chrome wheels, etc. She hit the gas hard out of the light, Camaro beside and behind her, 'til she went past 50, and blinkityblinkblink! They seem to get different cars all the time over there, maybe fpd could enlighten us?

Last I heard, Fishers had the last Camaro high speed pursuit car in Indiana, the high speed pursuit trainer for the Indiana Police is (or was) in Fishers a few years ago. He use to Drag Race at the Muncie Drag way with a rail. Nice guy.

Top Bottom