• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    with the shortages on raw materials such as steel, copper, brass and lead, i wonder if the prices on scrap for those metals will be increasing? may have to take in my spring scrap run early if so..

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Magpul behind "ONE MILLION P MAGS"???!!! C'mon! Don't we remember that last summer, the big announcement was that Uncle Sam didn't approve of P Mags anymore...the things were at my LGS for $12 a piece...most people who could hoard them did and others probably wouldn't mind having extras.

So, the Armed Forces can't/won't buy them, and by the time the AWB gets shot down in legislation, we should see these things saturating the market again and they will probably be selling ARs with "10 FREE P MAGS".

I'm calling BS on that article. Just like I'm calling BS on all the manufacturers who, for some reason, think that we're stupid enough to believe that since there are higher demands, that they are paying MORE for their quantities of materials?!!! Business 101 teaches us that the more you buy, the less you pay. Its called quantity pricing/quantity discounts. Manufacturers are in a perfect position to demand better pricing from their vendors these days, because there are others in line who would kill to supply them at todays demands.
    Several things could be driving up manufacturers' cost somewhat right now. One is if they are working around the clock and paying their people overtime, say 2 12 hr shifts instead of 3 8s. They might do this because it's easier than hiring new people then having to pay unemployment when they lay them off when things slow down. Also they may have bid up prices trying to ace out the competition for parts. And the subcontractors (barrel makers, poly carbonate parts suppliers, spring people, etc.) are also running overtime.

Cowboy71

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Clark County, IN
    I agree with crazy. Beyond some topping off by those already prepping, we are seeing an awakening of those lulled into complacency. I hope after ordering their weapons they joined some advocacy groups and are continually contacting their representatives.

That's pretty much me. I've let my gun and ammo supply lie dormant for the last fifteen years or so without paying much attention to them. We've never faced a threat of government tyranny like we do now and it's woken me up to get ready for it, or better prepared than I am now anyway and evidently I'm not alone helping to dry up the already limited supply of guns and ammo.

solution_zero

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indy
    DPMS isn't going anywhere, AFAIK. We are getting their rifles in on a quasi-regular basis, and the President of Freedom Group stated at an industry conference last month that they recently acquired LAR Manufacturin in order to help boost the capacity of both DPMS and Bushmaster.

FWIW.
    Wow, didn't know that. Hopefully that does not affect the quality of LAR products, and improves the QC problems some have been reporting with Bushmasters.

Top Bottom