• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland

Now there's another theory. Someone wanted to disappear, had a boat waiting and either did a successful or unsuccessful ditching. They were picked up and to hell with everyone else on board. Maybe there WAS something on that plane worth taking and someone pulled or tried to pull a Cooper. When I flew checks for the Federal Reserve there once was a locked container loaded with the checks. If I were nefarious I could have opened it and tried to disappear. Didn't know and didn't care but it must have been valuable.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Now there's another theory. Someone wanted to disappear, had a boat waiting and either did a successful or unsuccessful ditching. They were picked up and to hell with everyone else on board. Maybe there WAS something on that plane worth taking and someone pulled or tried to pull a Cooper. When I flew checks for the Federal Reserve there once was a locked container loaded with the checks. If I were nefarious I could have opened it and tried to disappear. Didn't know and didn't care but it must have been valuable.

Not my theory... my theory is plane crashed into the ocean (either on purpose or not) and unfortunately all on-board are most likely dead.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    With respect to the families of the people who are missing (and probably dead) . . .

• Who is paying for all of the searching?
    • Other than the remote chance of finding survivors, what are the expected benefits of finding the plane?
    • Do those potential benefits justify the cost, both financial as well as risk to the searchers?

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With respect to the families of the people who are missing (and probably dead) . . .

• Other than the remote chance of finding survivors, what are the expected benefits of finding the plane?
    • Do those potential benefits justify the cost, both financial as well as risk to the searchers?

If we did nothing then people would complain. Either way we get complains. Just remember that the news media wants this story. Thus the government will spend the money. If you want to limit government spending, get control of the media. very few kids seem to escape journalism school and not be brainwashed.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

I get that lots of those planes and ships (from the 26 countries involved in the search) would be out patrolling anyway (this area or another one). :dunno:

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland

To find the cause and try to see that it doesn't happen again as is the case with all aviation accidents. There were what? Two hundred and thirty nine people on that plane? Was it mechanical? I personally doubt mechanical but many perished on that plane which could be result of the actions from one or a few which is a microcosm of society in general. Hey, that sounds like our political system.

dthm03

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2013
    fort wayne
    I have a friend who is a Pilot. He had an interesting point. The plane went UNDER the radar for a while, to hide its location. Then it flew ABOVE the radar. It is very possible that while above radar, the pilot/co pilot turned off the air to the rest of the cabin and everyone died. They then landed the plane some remote field and the plane is being sold. If you think about it, its possible. Terrorist can't get through airports, so now they are just buying a plane, no more airport security.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Do. Not. Care.

really sick of the 24/7 coverage of it. Though sad, I can't help but wonder whats going on the world thats not being talked about while we talk about how nothing has been found.
    ^^^I'm with CF. I just don't care. Let the people tasked with finding it do their job. There are more important things to report on.

Top Bottom