So what did you buy, and what are the good deals? (Oct. '09 Indy 1500)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    250 fmj .45, 500 .45 brass, .308 brass, 100 .308 bullets, knife sheath, knife sharpened, plastic boxes for reloaded ammo. yep thats about it.

Oh but I saw .45 185 swcs (loaded ammo) for $15/box. It was older "Western" brand but looked good. The guys at the "brass kings" had fair prices on .45 and even had some .380. There .45 was 35/100 and the .380 was 325/1k. Seemed good to me and my buddy bought some of the reloads.

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Saw Federal AE 9mm 147gr FMJ (subsonic) @ $13.95/50; did not buy any. Most all the other ammo prices were high at best, crack-smoking at worst. Good prices on guns, though. Midwest had a Kahr P380(!) on the table for $599, and one guy had an FN SCAR for sale (out and able to be handled) for $3000.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Be careful with the Brasskings ammo: A word to the wise: They are responsible for more gun malfunctions from what I have seen at our range (RO at Eagle Creek) than Amerc and Ultramax (through Glocks) combined. The ammo ranges from VERY hot (too hot) to squib, the majority of it being not sized correctly or squibs.

Its a decent price because they have it. Its a bad price when it doesn't work. Just my two cents. They are good folks and will try to make things right if approached in a patient and careful manner. They will completely turn on a customer if they take the "angry" approach, however.

Interloper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Most ammo was high, but I saw several vendors selling various Russian 7.62 x 39 for $125 per 500. Seems pretty reasonable. Certainly better than I have seen at any store around Indy.

Sorry I missed the INGO table (not there until Sat/Sun), was hoping to get one of the winter hats. No more time for the show this weekend, need to hit the range.

piercedjp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I didnt see anything too stellar, though the ammo prices did seem to be much better than in the past.

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    Police trade-in glock 17
    two ammo cans
    and 500 38 bullets to reload

Do not do what i did and pick up the bullets as you go by the table. Pick them up on the way out the door. way to heavy.:ugh:

I really wanted to get the Olympic 9mm AR that takes the Glock mags. I cannot decide if i would want to replace my beretta storm with this on not.

jwdeal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    What I m in the market for

It is my hope to return with 2 new handguns tommorow.. A bersa 380.. and Glock 19 or XD,, got the funding but can I find the deal.. hahahaha

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Couldn't find what I was looking for, but I'll be looking again tomorrow. Trying to find a cheap surplus rifle to play with. I'd like to clean and refinish the entire gun so I'm looking for something cheap in case I screw it up.

MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    I have no stake in the brass king's business. Just saw that they had the best prices on reloads. I believe Acme was at 20.95 for .45s and ?Crane? had reloaded boxes (I believe 50 rounders but could be wrong) for 35. And I really only price .45 and .308 ammo.
    Oh and there were lots of primers. 1 table had several cases of 5k for $150. I believe they were winchester LPPs.

Last edited:

MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    Couldn't find what I was looking for, but I'll be looking again tomorrow. Trying to find a cheap surplus rifle to play with. I'd like to clean and refinish the entire gun so I'm looking for something cheap in case I screw it up.

I saw an M1 Carbine for 325-350 that looked like it needed some TLC. Heck if I can remember the people who had it but i always stop and say hi to them.

Top Bottom