So.. what are you reloading at the moment??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Threw some 45colt in the tumbler this evening.
    Haven't loaded in over a year
    I finished sorting the 4 buckets of rifle brass I got while in Missippi last month.
    Ive been running two tumblers a day cleaning it up, and trying to figure out what Im gonna keep, and whats going to go.
    I pick Thing 2 up at the airport in the morning.

canebreaker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    My garage became a storage unit when we moved back here 7 years ago. I've searched as well and as deep into the garage as I care to go looking for my homemade wet tumbler cylinder for the converted treadmill. It must be farther back. Guess the search will have to wait until this heat drops some. I use 3 cups of grout sand, 1 casing of Dawn and covered with water. After 2 hours the brass is clean enough to decap. They are returned to the wet tumbler for 2 to 3 hours to clean the primer pockets and insides better.
    Creedmoor, I've sorted these 15 buckets of casings. Sold as dirty brass cheaper than usual. I'm waiting on funds before shipping 3 large and 7 medium flat rate boxes. No one wants 9mm brass. Surprised, 2 orders took all the 223/556 brass. Got a few pistol and rifle calibers left.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Shot some of my .243, 55 grain Hornady Vmax out of my Ruger No.1 yesterday. It was just 200 yards and with a good wobble to my bench. They were 2" high in a 3" cluster. The 100 grain Interlock were 3" low, also in a 3" cluster. I need to get out my Sight Vice and really see what this ammo will do. Made some serious craters in my cheap steel.
    Great hunting accuracy though.

sairax

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 2, 2024
    Indianapolis
    While I was following the returns last night I occupied my time fruitfully by prepping some 308 brass for my cousin who is working on a few loads for his Model 70.

And I prepped the brass from my last shoot with the Henry 44mag. After 7 loads with 4 different powders I think I have a good enough load using 19.3 grains of Lil'Gun with a 225 FTX Hornady bullet. I am kind of hoping to do my first deer hunt using it.

The last few months have really gotten me in to reloading. I have reloaded more ammo in the last few months then I have for the last 6 years! I am really enjoying doing it more for some reason.

So what are you reloading at the moment? Man, that 44mag load sounds solid! Lil'Gun and the 225 FTX should do the trick for deer. Right now, I’m loading some 6.5 Creedmoor for a buddy's Ruger Precision and some .223 for the AR. Love fine-tuning those rounds!

What else you got going?
    While I was following the returns last night I occupied my time fruitfully by prepping some 308 brass for my cousin who is working on a few loads for his Model 70.

And I prepped the brass from my last shoot with the Henry 44mag. After 7 loads with 4 different powders I think I have a good enough load using 19.3 grains of Lil'Gun with a 225 FTX Hornady bullet. I am kind of hoping to do my first deer hunt using it.

The last few months have really gotten me in to reloading. I have reloaded more ammo in the last few months then I have for the last 6 years! I am really enjoying doing it more for some reason.

So what are you reloading at the moment? Please share.
    Man, that 44mag load sounds solid! Lil'Gun and the 225 FTX should do the trick for deer. Right now, I’m loading some 6.5 Creedmoor for a buddy and some .223

What else you got going?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    My new Dillon RL1100 and a few other Dillon things showed up yesterday.
    Dillon is running a free range brass perk with the purchase of some machines right now.
    I took the 4000 9mm cases.

1000001385.jpg1000001384.jpg

I called Vortex customer service last week and told them with opening one of the new scopes I bought had a sunscreen that was oval.
    They shipped me a new one N/C along with a free hat.
    1000001381.jpg

camaroz2808

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    My new Dillon RL1100 and a few other Dillon things showed up yesterday.
    Dillon is running a free range brass perk with the purchase of some machines right now.
    I took the 4000 9mm cases.

View attachment 377954View attachment 377955

I called Vortex customer service last week and told them with opening one of the new scopes I bought had a sunscreen that was oval.
    They shipped me a new one N/C along with a free hat.
    View attachment 377956
    Would like an update when it is all setup. Regret the Hornady progressive press. At some point, I will move into the Dillon platform.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Would like an update when it is all setup. Regret the Hornady progressive press. At some point, I will move into the Dillon platform.
    The first update is,
    Setup was pretty strait forward for setting up a big progressive machine.
    This is the 5th Dillon case feeder that I own. Its the first variable speed one, I like it.
    Its a smooth press that doesn't take a bunch of leverage to run with punching a primer, swegeing and sizing/trimming at the same time. I use F.W. Arms depriming and case hold down swegeing dies. Money well spent.

I fear down the road I will be selling a few 550 and 650 presses and get down to two 650's and this 1100 machine and do larger runs when I set up a caliber.
    Or even keep one 550 and sell the other 550 and 650's and buy another RL1100 and keep one in each primer size. We will see,

camaroz2808

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    The first update is,
    Setup was pretty strait forward for setting up a big progressive machine.
    This is the 5th Dillon case feeder that I own. Its the first variable speed one, I like it.
    Its a smooth press that doesn't take a bunch of leverage to run with punching a primer, swegeing and sizing/trimming at the same time. I use F.W. Arms depriming and case hold down swegeing dies. Money well spent.

I fear down the road I will be selling a few 550 and 650 presses and get down to two 650's and this 1100 machine and do larger runs when I set up a caliber.
    Or even keep one 550 and sell the other 550 and 650's and buy another RL1100 and keep one in each primer size. We will see,
    Sounds like you have a pretty sweet setup. I'll need to calculate the ROI on having dedicated presses (mainly, 9mm and 223/556).

Top Bottom