• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I never ship long gun stocks. I ship high grade imported walnut carvings. I never ship barrels, triggers or magazines. I ship precision machined equipment parts. If it does not have the serial number on it, it is not any of their business.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Why are you all telling them what you are shipping, I just drop off my boxes and leave, you should really get an online account.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    He's (the owner) NOT sorry in any way shape or form. Hes just feeding you a line of ****.

IF he were sorry he'd inform his so called store manager that there is NOTHING wrong with what you were wanting to ship, instead of putting up "Guns are bad" signs.... Where is this ACE hardware located???

Last edited by a moderator:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm guessing the OP had his stock packed up in a box? If so, how did the clerk/manager/whatever even know what was in the box? None of his business is it? I would never write "gun" or something similar on the outside of a box I was shipping... :dunno: Glad he kept his cool though. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to name the store, family friend or not. I probably would have pointed out (since it was a hardware store) that he sells screws, wood finishes, etc., all of which can be used on *gasp* guns.

Silver-z28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Henry County
    Yes the stock was wrapped and packed i have sent other stocks from this location fine. So didnt figure there would be a problem with it. When they ask what insurance i told them and what it was and you would of thought the world ended. Ill go tjrew the post thisve

I will go tjrew the post this eve to answer any other questions

I'm guessing the OP had his stock packed up in a box? If so, how did the clerk/manager/whatever even know what was in the box? Non
    of his business is it? I would never write "gun" or something similar on the outside of a box I was shipping... :dunno Glad he kept his cool though. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to name the store, family friend or not. I probably would have pointed out (since it was a hardware store) that he sells screws, wood finishes, etc., all of which can be used on *gasp* guns.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    BYOB (bring your own box).. print your shipping label online. When you do, include any amount you want for insurance.

Use the "drop off location" to do exactly that.. drop it off. If they ask what's in the box, tell them it's paper.

You can print your own label at home w/ a printer FYI

Silver-z28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Henry County
    Yes I know you can but as I said I have shipped stocks, scopes and othere items threw them before with no problem so I didnt see one happening over this. THey dont need to worry I wont be back in there shopping anymore.

BYOB (bring your own box).. print your shipping label online. When you do, include any amount you want for insurance.

Use the "drop off location" to do exactly that.. drop it off. If they ask what's in the box, tell them it's paper.

You can print your own label at home w/ a printer FYI

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I sold my boyd stock from my pro hunter on ebay. I have bought and sold several stocks before and shipped ups. Today I go to ship the stock and forarm. The manager of the store comes out and says it is my christian right to tell you my store will not have anything to do with guns or parts. This is a drop off for ups not a actual store.

He procedes to tell me how guns are bad and he hopes they take them away from everyone. I proceed to keep my cool I call ups main store in muncie. They said yes we accept this item and will be glad to ship they even call the store. Im still being nice and just talking while this manager is going nuts. He hangs up on the ups guy and says I need to leave.

So im turning away still keeping calm because I dont want to let anyone think of us as having a bad temper. Im just in disbelief by this I really am. Im waiting on a return phone call from the store owner personal friend. But what the heck is going on with people.

So I guess wensday ill be going to muncie to ship it from ups main store.

Sorry for the rant

I would ask why you mentioned anything about shipping gun parts. I do it all the time but never tell anyone there are gun related pieces just because people are freaking nuts. It is a sad state of affairs when we have to be deceitful but really, you just saw first hand why we have BHO in the big boy chair and the country is sliding over the edge.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Im going to wait on the phone call from the actual owner of the store who grew up with some of my family before I do that. Id like to see what he has to say. I hope you all understand

I do NOT understand, why you HAD to tell them what was in the box... No explosives, or anything illegal, I would have told him, it is some wood work, that I have finished for a friend .....

mfirem19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Grant County
    Great job staying calm. It is people like that who are brainwashed into believing all gun owners have the mentality of the conn. shooter. It's really a shame that the SPORT of shooting has such a bad rap. My hat is off to you for staying calm.

Silver-z28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Henry County
    Well as said I have told them several other times what it is. I know ups insurance may not cover something if not mentioned in the package. Wouldnt want to end up with firewood and out the money for the item as well.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    The manager of the store comes out and says it is my christian right to tell you my store will not have anything to do with guns or parts.

HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAH

You should have said, "Sir while you may see that as your Christian Right... is it not your DUTY as a Christian to accept all people and not judge them. The Christian way is to bring people into the flock and teach them, not to judge and ostracize them, while I commend you for your ability to use your religion as a scapegoat for your personal opinions you, perhaps, would be better served by following the actual teachings of the religion you "serve." Would you be kind enough to tell me what church you attend so I may speak to your pastor about your behavior so he might better understand how to teach you to be a good Christian instead of a bad one?"

That would have stopped him dead in his tracks unless of course he was a true nutter, then the best you're going to be able to do is walk away.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I don't see why you can't tell them what's in it. It isn't against policy to ship it, and I don't think guns are taboo.

I ship FedEx because of problems with UPS. I open carry, so if there's a problem, I find out before I tell them what's in the box.

When I tried to ship a barreled upper through UPS, the manager told me they couldn't ship it, and that I had to bring it to the hub. I went across the street to the FedEx Store, and told him what it was, told him what happened at UPS, he said I was good to go, and shipping was cheaper.

I like knowing people's opinions. It helps me to avoid giving them money.

Deputy Dawg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    The "OP" posted muncie, which maybe he should have had the M in caps. If memory serves me correctly Muncie, is in Delaware County. Not Henry. Some don't take the time to thoroughly read the posts. Just saying.:):

Top Bottom