• ...and so much more!
  • reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    what?

Christian? From being a Christian myself and knowing many, many more this certainly does not match attitudes of just about any Christian I know. This person might have been, and probably is an extreme liberal and values their Christianity in the same manner. I will not accuse nor lay blame or assess any blame but it certainly does not match American nor traditional Christian beliefs.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    As a NON Christian (I do know the Bible and good Christian values very well though) and I definitely can't see how it is his Christian right and not just his right to deny the service. Keep us updated on what comes of it and definitely write a letter to UPS.

Silver-z28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Henry County
    Just got off the phone with the owner was told he would ship on his bill and he was very sorry. He also said that from now on the store will have signs up saying no firearm parts shipping of any kind.

My reply to him was I will be coming in wensday when the manager was there and I wanted an him to say sorry to me in front of the workers. I believe thats only far. Also said not to worry Once I leave there I will not be back in there for anything. And I would go ship the package elsewhere. The store is a ace hardware.

Also to add wensday when I go to the ups hub I will be asking for a email or phone number of whos over that store and having a conversation with them about this.

Last edited:

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    That's ridiculous, so the owner is also anti-gun period. Wonder if that is how he really feels, or he doesn't want to lose a manager.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I don't know about the rest of ya, But I would really appreciate it if the newbies would take the time to put their location in their profile or signature, or whatever ya call it. I don't know if I'm dealin' with a Chicago guy or a Louisville guy. :dunno:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Sounds like they need to change the last two letters of their store name.

Funny, yrs ago some hardware stores used to be the only gunshops around.

Screw a hardware store that acts like that. BTW, I went to one in another burg a few yrs ago, to get insect repellent for an afternoon chuck hunt (forgot mine) and there in a glass case was ammo. Put a smile on my face :)

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Hopefully by staying calm you convinced other patrons witnessing the event that gun owners are good people. Way to take the high road and let that guy make himself and his beliefs look stupid

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Way to go, store owner! By refusing to ship a customer's package, as your deal with UPS requires, you singlehandedly solved the violent crime problem!

Genius!

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Just got off the phone with the owner was told he would ship on his bill and he was very sorry. He also said that from now on the store will have signs up saying no firearm parts shipping of any kind.

My reply to him was I will be coming in wensday when the manager was there and I wanted an him to say sorry to me in front of the workers. I believe thats only far. Also said not to worry Once I leave there I will not be back in there for anything. And I would go ship the package elsewhere. The store is a ace hardware.

Also to add wensday when I go to the ups hub I will be asking for a email or phone number of whos over that store and having a conversation with them about this.

Based on the location listed on your profile, can we assume this is the Ace Hardware in New Castle?

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    UPS is a Common Carrier of Freight regulated by the Interstate Commerce Comission. As an agent for UPS he can't refuse your shippment as it is legal Freight under ICC rules. The only right of refusal is freight that is in "Bad Order" = crushed boxes, open Ect or leaking liquid. Agents can't make up their own rules. Christian values have nothing to do with Firearms, the westboro baptist church claim to be Christians as well (they are the group that protest at Military funerals) Call your local UPS hub, talk to the Terminal Manager and let him know how you were treated.

Top Bottom