• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    For all those complaining about us saying remington sold us out wake up. This is straight up about standing for our freedoms. If there not willing to stand up for us then they are against us. No contract is worth our god given rights. I will no longer support there company. And yes they sold us out for tyrantical government.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    So do you guys ban everything associated with New York? Better not watch network television then. Or buy a drink, or read a book, or a magazine (the kind with paper). Better not see a movie, or fly a plane, or drive a car. Chances are, somebody associated with those products lives in New York, and some of their withholding taxes goes to the New York Gov.

tirebay1997

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    It's funny to me that's ok for Remington to stay in NY because it's a "business decision".
    So if companies support the loss of your 1st Ammendment rights, because it's a business decision is it ok? I sometimes wonder if the INGO crowd really gets it.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    I just wont buy anything remmington. Its not like they had anything i liked anyway, except the ACR, but i couldnt afford one even if i wanted one... F**K remmington.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    People have the right to their opinions. People are right, their money, their decision......but think about this for a second.....I've lived in NY state, well stationed actually, but the town of Ilion NY would go completely under if Remington pulled out. Think about the workers who produce these firearms....most, I'm willing to bet, are staunch supporters of the second amendment, but being a supporter doesn't always put food on the tables and takes financial care of their families. Remington, like any company faced with this type of political action, had a difficult choice to make. They made one based on the best possible scenario-keeping their loyal employees employed while this situation is among us. Think about indiana if a company like Eli Lilly, or Toyota, or even Americqual (the company that makes components for our troops' MRE's) decided to forgo an $80 million dollar Government contract, and move out of state because of a state political issue? How many Hoosiers would be up in arms because the company made a business decision to STAY in business.

It's my opinion that you have to do what's right, whether it's supporting that which you feel strongly about, to taking care of family, to everything in between. You can do both, but I'm not saying it's considered "selling out", but I can support the causes I feel strongly about, with much more enthusiasm if I know my family is taken care of financially.

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    197 years of gun making history in the same place would be tough to just roll onto a truck. While I agree they should take a stand against the current situation in NY, why should 1300 families suffer? How much more pro 2A can you be than to be a gun maker? Unless you stop shopping at wallyworld, throw away every item in your home not made in America (good luck with your EMPTY, unheated or cooled home) remind yourself almost everything you buy supports some other place, or ideal that you disagree with more.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    This decision to stay makes me wonder if Remington would've gotten the contract if they'd moved. Think about it:

1. Cuomo passes gun control, huzzahs all around. Obama ebullient.

2. Remington says it may leave. Furrowed brows of concern in Albany, pleas of help to Obama via backroom channels.

3. Federal gov't suddenly offers this contract to induce Remington to stay. Remington takes the money.

4. Cuomo can now boast that his gun laws are common sense. "See, Remington is even EXPANDING in our state!"

Sweet deal all around for the Left. 2nd Amend supporters screwed again.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    People have the right to their opinions. People are right, their money, their decision......but think about this for a second.....I've lived in NY state, well stationed actually, but the town of Ilion NY would go completely under if Remington pulled out. Think about the workers who produce these firearms....most, I'm willing to bet, are staunch supporters of the second amendment, but being a supporter doesn't always put food on the tables and takes financial care of their families. Remington, like any company faced with this type of political action, had a difficult choice to make. They made one based on the best possible scenario-keeping their loyal employees employed while this situation is among us. Think about indiana if a company like Eli Lilly, or Toyota, or even Americqual (the company that makes components for our troops' MRE's) decided to forgo an $80 million dollar Government contract, and move out of state because of a state political issue? How many Hoosiers would be up in arms because the company made a business decision to STAY in business.

It's my opinion that you have to do what's right, whether it's supporting that which you feel strongly about, to taking care of family, to everything in between. You can do both, but I'm not saying it's considered "selling out", but I can support the causes I feel strongly about, with much more enthusiasm if I know my family is taken care of financially.

First, given Remington's behavior after acquiring Bushmaster and Marlin, I seriously doubt that concern for their employees really warms their hearts. Second, if Remington were to relocate to a free state, those workers would be able to live in free state most likely at a lower cost of living. Third, when you agree to and let yourself be used as a prop to support attacking the Constitution, yes, it is selling out.

197 years of gun making history in the same place would be tough to just roll onto a truck. While I agree they should take a stand against the current situation in NY, why should 1300 families suffer? How much more pro 2A can you be than to be a gun maker? Unless you stop shopping at wallyworld, throw away every item in your home not made in America (good luck with your EMPTY, unheated or cooled home) remind yourself almost everything you buy supports some other place, or ideal that you disagree with more.

1. Moving is always a challenge, but most everyone else on the planet manages to do so. As for those families suffering, moving to a free state hardly counts as suffering in my reckoning.

2. Making a product does not make one a supporter of the Constitution or liberty. Gun makers (particularly those indifferent toward us) can do quite nicely as .gov whores while in principle or practice completely opposing the Second Amendment. Making guns is one thing. Taking a stand on how they should be distributed or to whom they may be available is something entirely different. Just look at Heckler and Koch. They make it obvious that they don't give a damn about any customers other than the .gov, and it would seem that Remington is heading in the same direction.

3. The Walmart analogy doesn't hold up. I would like to have more domestic products available, but at the end of the day, the Chicom government prospering on my dime is not a direct threat to me via legislation (congressmen on their payroll notwithstanding) as opposed to the state of New York constantly sending a congressional delegation hell-bent on stripping away my rights.
    This decision to stay makes me wonder if Remington would've gotten the contract if they'd moved. Think about it:

1. Cuomo passes gun control, huzzahs all around. Obama ebullient.

2. Remington says it may leave. Furrowed brows of concern in Albany, pleas of help to Obama via backroom channels.

3. Federal gov't suddenly offers this contract to induce Remington to stay. Remington takes the money.

4. Cuomo can now boast that his gun laws are common sense. "See, Remington is even EXPANDING in our state!"

Sweet deal all around for the Left. 2nd Amend supporters screwed again.

:+1:

Last edited:

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    You guys have the right to spend your money wherever you'd like. And since you've posted this on the internet, everyone else is now allowed to comment on why you're wrong for thinking that. Welcome to the World Wide Web...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom