• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I played with them right after they were done, they were brought to show and tell.

So, I played with them when they weren't covered in fingerprints and slobber :D

you always have to one up me damn it :(

beckers are good blades for the money too. I just don't like the big blocky plastic handles. not my cup of tea but they are a lot of blade for the money and if you add the micarta handles they are even better

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I will be the first one to admit that I am usually brand loyal, and have a tendency to become a fan boi.

Brand loyalty works well when you can find something that consistently meets your expectations. After that, the choice is more of a safe bet but keeping an open mind is still the mature thing to do. Ya gotta forgive the fan-boi-ism : typically they're like the recently born-again religious - overly excited and a bit irrational. It usually tempers within a few years for most or they just move onto their next thing. You'll find the most ardent of folks who been going to Blade for a decade or more have a pretty wide representation in their collection and are realistic about the plus/minuses of different manufacturers and steel.

Beckers? Yes... good blades but like GS said, they have B-I-G plastic grips. Think of them like a machete handle but fatter. I find them a little uncomfortable for my ergos but your experience may be different.

Another to look at may be Bark River. There are a few good chopper models, if a chopper is what you want, within your $200 price range. My only advice would be caution if looking at a smaller EDC from BRKT. They do a laser-sharp convex edge and often have grip swells at the rear of the grip with an absence of any real guard to keep you from severing all of your tendons in your damn hand. Grunt has a golok - I've got a Northwind from BRKT.

Grayman, as mentioned, is another solid choice but can he get one in the <$200 range?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Definitely not this one unless I was standing there and I don't remember you.

Okay, maybe not that one then. The fall KC shoot (if I remember right) is the only time we met. You can't show up at the 1500, Chop In, KC hotel show, or Blade when I'm there so we can shoot the bull :):

You know, you see one SAR 3 folder you seen em' all ;):D Now a folder out of a SARaquatch or a BATAC is something to really behold :D

moosebag

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Indiana
    chopper.jpg

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I was working the booth for Busse at your first Blade Show / Induction in 2010. I only remembered you from pictures I saw later with glow-in-the-dark necklace necklace pitching. I don't truly have much of a memory of that night - only that it was a l-o-n-g walk back to the Busse rooms. A l-o-n-g walk. ;)

I looked like this during the day that Blade...
    photo4-7.jpg

But more like this by the end of that Saturday night.

2012-03-20_07-54-22_561.jpg

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    holy **** brother that last picture is freaking killer. that is serious partying right there.

I can't lie. That last picture was first thing in the morning - sober, just a few weeks ago - after I got a metal splinter in my eye the night before.

That looks like how I felt that night though. :):

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    What is this BLADE you all are speaking of? (Be kind, remember, I'm a total n00b in the world of "snob" knives.)

Top Bottom