• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    That really sucks. I wish you luck in finding another job. I know it wouldn't help your current situation, but I'd spread this on every big gun board I know (Glocktalk, ARFCOM, etc) and really put some pressure on Pizza Hut.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    That really sucks. I wish you luck in finding another job. I know it wouldn't help your current situation, but I'd spread this on every big gun board I know (Glocktalk, ARFCOM, etc) and really put some pressure on Pizza Hut.

Really won't make any difference. Despite the fact they've had pizza delivery men killed and beaten, this isn't the first time they've fired someone for protecting themselves. They've taken some heat for it, and care nothing for it. Plenty of other people just keep coming in the doors.

Despite what they say about employee safety, it has cost them nothing so far to just let their employees be robbed and murdered. They care nothing whatsoever about their employees. A dead employee can be replaced the next day. They will not care until they are forced to spend money defending the deliberate, willful negligence inherent in their policy of refusing to allow employees defend themselves.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I wouldn't even worry about it. It really sucks you were fired. But Pizza Hut and everyone else, they'll never change their rules and policies. The best thing you can do it just shrug it off. You're better than that. You did what you had to do. There's not a lot of people who would have done what you did. You decided your life was worth more than their policy, so you always kept your gun with you. You saw a situation, and you acted. They could argue forever that anyone's lifes were NOT in danger. You didn't take that chance. You more than likely saved all their lives, your own included. You should pat yourself on the back. You'll find another job. There's a lot of businesses out there that would love to take you on. You've proven that you will protect your own life, and others.

Good job.

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Sorry to hear that this resulted in you losing your job. I'd been following your story since it broke in the Anderson paper (got some family up there) so thanks for sharing your story. Again, sorry to hear that you lost your job but you can take some comfort in knowing that a lot of people believe that you did the right thing and commend you for it.

mcshaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    The woman that fired you, is she local or did she fly in?
    Local .... Area Head. So head of I'm guessing 8- 10 stores in Anderson, Muncie, and I think Pendleton, I can't really remember exactly. Reports directly to owner of franchise who owns stores here and in Ohio.... He would answer only to corporate offices.

flyinlow78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Only if it's on public property in front of their building. Going inside and spending money will have the opposite effect.

Everyone could go in and order a drink and hang out for hours. Or whatever the cheapest thing is on the menu. Surely a former employee knows what their lost leaders are, if enough people order just that it starts to hit the bottom line :D

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I'm not going to be ordering anything from pizza hut from now on..my family and I order from them atleast twice a month and every two weeks we order pizza at work from them for the employees..not anymore:noway:

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your job, you live to see another day. Take advantage of the unemployment, they pay the insurance might as well try to claim on them for you doing the right thing.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I wish I knew all the details. Am I understanding that the back door was broken and therefore allowed an intruder to enter the building to rob the place? If so there is your law suit. Of course you will need statements from fellow co-workers to verify the condition the back door was in and how long it had been like that. Also was there a supervisor on hand during the robbery? Was the back door locked at all? Like I said I need more info. I am positive it took so long for them to terminate you because they had to seek legal advice before they made their decision. That is why the door is repaired now. They are covering their tracks.
    Indiana is a no fault state on termination but that does not mean you cannot file a suit against an employer. You can always call the board of labor and they will return your call.
    I am sure you will come out a winner from all of this which you already have since you are still alive.:yesway: Times are rough but you will bounce back because you have to. You have a lot of support so hang in there.

jaramia20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Michigan City
    Hire a lawyer, sue them for failing to provide adequate security, since they have assumed the responsibility to do so by denying you the ability.

Seriously.

Their failure has caused you damages. Because of their failure, you are now out of a job. I'm absolutely certain you have suffered emotional pain and distress caused by their negligence, and will continue to for quite some time. They are liable for that.

:+1:

joekoug

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This breaks my heart. I sent Pizza Hut a letter and email today expressing my displeasure and letting them know I will no longer be patronizing any of their businesses EVER again until this gentleman gets a public apology and his job back.

To the OP - I'm sorry you lost your job, Kudos for you for protecting yourself and the lives of your fellow employees!

As a mild thread-jack. Look around at smaller restaurants and businesses, I know quite a few small guys don't mind firearms in the hands of responsible employees. I used to manage a very well known restaurant back in ****cago, I kept my G27 on me at all times even though I was *GASP* defying King Richard. I also allowed my employees to carry as long as they showed me a CCW permit from some other state. I had drivers get messed with all the time and I would never deny an employee their God given right to protect themselves.

This is just so upsetting to read about...

Goood luck OP!

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    i will NEVER eat pizza hut again.

I will not eat at Pizza Hut again.

I will be boycotting them as well.

this will make us no longer eat there?

No more Pizza Hut for me.

No more Pizza Hut for me EVER.

I'm not going to be ordering anything from pizza hut from now on..

Pizza Hut's food sucks anyway. That whole chain is awful for you. You're all making the correct decision, regardless of the situation.

To the OP......
    Be thankful that things worked out the way it did for you. Getting let go by Pizza Hut after 3 months paid time off, considering the situation, isn't so bad. Use this experience to find a new job, perhaps on a different path. Don't waste your time with the whole lawyer thing. It will be long, costly, and painful. Reminding the press isn't a bad idea, but don't dwell on it. Move on to bigger and better things.

In the meantime, boycotts, letters, and phone calls are always good. The INGO community is a great engine to drive such protests. Thumbs up to all the members who have spoken up. :ingo:

Hang in there mcshaker......:thumbsup:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I called corporate yesterday as I stated earlier. The Regional Manager for that store called me yesterday afternoon.

He asked me what comments I had left with Corporate, as they had supposedly only told him that I had called. When I reiterated what I had said he acted like I had handed him a dirty diaper to use for a napkin.

He kept saying, "I can't talk about that situation. I just can't talk about it," to me. I said, "I'm not asking you to talk about it, I'm voicing my displeasure that your organization fired an employee for protecting himself and PH."

So, anyway... Michael, I talked to your ex-RM yesterday and told him how I felt.

Again, sorry about your luck, and as others have said, I'm glad you're around to tell your story even if you lost your job.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    I'm sorry to jump ahead and post with out reading, but my first thought would be contact the ACLU. I do not particularly like them, but this is the kind of stuff they get off on. You have the right to defend yourself and your willingness to put yourself in harms way in the defense of others should carry some weight with them.

I am sorry to hear of your situation, everyone knows this is not the best time to be with out a job, but you're obviously a father and understand your responsibilities and that in itself will assist you with making the right decision.

There may also be law firms out there that may be willing to take your case, you know the "We don't get paid unless you get paid" guys.

Good luck, and my prayers will be with you this evening.

Doug

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    It's not just Pizza Hut y'all gotta abandon, but no more:

Taco Bell
    Long John Silvers
    A&W
    Pizza Hut
    KFC
    Wing Street

Thanks for posting this, it saves me the trouble of looking it myself.

I called corporate yesterday as I stated earlier. The Regional Manager for that store called me yesterday afternoon.

You wouldn't happen to have the name and # for the RM would you? I'm going to be calling corp later today and expressing my displeasure and wouldn't mind calling the RM directly also.

I'm sorry to jump ahead and post with out reading, but my first thought would be contact the ACLU. I do not particularly like them, but this is the kind of stuff they get off on.
    Good luck, and my prayers will be with you this evening.

Doug

The ACLU? If it was for almost anything except a firearms issue I would agree, but...... Might be worth a try though.

Top Bottom