• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Lets have a bunch of us LTC go to that pizza slut and order lunch all open carry. Let the local news know. It would be a hoot! Stick it right in their face. lol
    The problem with your suggestion is that you are bringing business to their door and not discouraging possible customers.

Think of it like handing them a $100 bill and then standing around outside in the parking lot. How have you shown your displeasure if you are putting money in their till by buying food?

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Lets have a bunch of us LTC go to that pizza slut and order lunch all open carry. Let the local news know. It would be a hoot! Stick it right in their face. lol

Not too sure how this will "show them", you will be giving them business which is a good thing. I agree with giving away free pizzas or you could see if Papa Johns would be willing to park their trailor accross the street from Pizza Hut offering discounted pizzas. I know they have parked it at my apartment complex before selling $7 Large Pizzas. Maybe the OP could stand next to the trailor OCing passing out coupons while we all stop by to get some food. :D

mcshaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Maybe the OP could stand next to the trailor OCing passing out coupons while we all stop by to get some food. :D

Now, that's a PR statement.... But unfortunately, I'm pretty sure as previous a poster said this is an across the board policy at these type of establishments.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    i will NEVER eat pizza hut again out of respect for you.
    You did the right thing for sure. You probly saved a life. deffinatly call the local paper and the indy star and the local news tv channels. im sure they will follow up with your story, plus like others have said, you will probly get a job offer out of it. good luck man.

I agree 100%. GREAT JOB. No more Pizza Hut for me EVER, and I used to go there a lot. Reps to you both.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Now, that's a PR statement.... But unfortunately, I'm pretty sure as previous a poster said this is an across the board policy at these type of establishments.

Mayhaps there is a local pizza store that doesn't have these kinds of employee restrictions concerning self-defense?

It doesn't have to be a large pizza chain.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I just filled out an online complaint form to Pizza Hut, letting them know that due to this instance, I will not eat Pizza Hut food until they officially change their policy to support the second amendment rights of their employees.

Hopefully someone gets the message.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    The best way to handle a protest is to have about 30 people get there 10 minutes before the busiest time of day and take 10-15 minutes to ask about their food the order a small drink and each take a table. This way we fill the place for little money and they lose customers that don't want to wait. Of course we all should be OCing to make a point.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Not too sure how this will "show them", you will be giving them business which is a good thing. I agree with giving away free pizzas or you could see if Papa Johns would be willing to park their trailor accross the street from Pizza Hut offering discounted pizzas. I know they have parked it at my apartment complex before selling $7 Large Pizzas. Maybe the OP could stand next to the trailor OCing passing out coupons while we all stop by to get some food. :D

Come on guys....ALL YOU CAN EAT salad bar! Bring the INGO Big Boys club...We will take up alot of dining space thus limiting their pizza buying customers.

The Pizza makers, or cooks, will stand around all day getting paid for doing nothing, and the waitresses will be paid to deliver us waters... And yes, I will tip my waitress!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I called PH corporate again and left negative feedback about Mr. Shaker losing his employment. The young lady that answered the telephone said to expect a feedback call from them about this.

rtrouten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I live in Fort Wayne, and I have three children that love pizza....guess what kids, your getting Dad's homemade pizza from now on!!! No more Pizza Hut for me and believe me when I say, I WILL CALL and tell them exactly why I wont being ordering from them any longer and I am sure my fellow gun carriers in my addition will be on board.... mean while, I dont know you but i will be praying for you and your family in these difficult times brother!!!

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    Sorry to hear you lost your job. I will keep watching for an OC event in Anderson Pizza Hut. I will be there if it happens.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I wouldn't even consider taking them to court. I don't see where you have a leg to stand on. Unless you have documentation of where you saw and reported(multiple times, moving up to higher management if it wasn't addressed) a safety/security violation which directly contributed to the robbery, I really can't see a court finding you justified in taking matters into your own hands (i.e. carrying a gun).

I don't mean to say you were morally wrong to carry, or that you should face any sort of criminal or civil liability for defending yourself, but you knew the policy and did it anyway. It left you unemployed but alive. If it were me, I'd move on.

Last edited:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    It's not just Pizza Hut y'all gotta abandon, but no more:

Taco Bell
    Long John Silvers
    A&W
    Pizza Hut
    KFC
    Wing Street

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Hey, ranger learned how to use the Purple!!!!

I love the idea of an OC protest outside the Pizza Hut with some other pizza chain delivering pizzas to us.

herby31

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    fort wayne
    well shaker, that sucks. i'd start applying at other places immediately. things appear to be picking back up at least a little. good luck, and remember, you did right.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Corporations have these policies for a reason. They are protecting themselves against liability, if an employee shoots someone. HOWEVER, we all know that policies are only to CYA, when something bad happens. In this case, I would have suspended him without pay for one day and moved him to another store. This turned out good and the corporation had the ability to make this work to his favor.

Who knows if the OP can get a settlement out of this, but if I were one of the customers in the store that night, and found out that the back door had been broken that long, I would definitely be calling a lawyer.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom