• ...and so much more!
  • mike46060

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    Hamilton Co.
    Yes, I've been under a rock...

So sad to have to send them back. I really liked them. I had an XPS-2 and a 512. I was planning on keeping them till I read all 40 pages of the court documents. That information is damning.

Got my full refund RMA response back today.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    It's almost like people just put them on their rifles and never used them.....

The product has been in mass production (and apparently use???) for years. You'd think people would have figured this out themselves if they actually used their rifles. They were widely recommended and "used" by internet commandos (and actual commandos) until this came up. All of a sudden, all of the keyboard commandos who never use or used their rifles are jumping ship.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories-gear/398967-us-gov-sues-l3-eotech-fraud.html

Sure is odd everyone loved their EoTech's last week and now this week they are the work of the devil...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

The product has been in mass production (and apparently use???) for years. You'd think people would have figured this out themselves if they actually used their rifles. They were widely recommended and "used" by internet commandos (and actual commandos) until this came up. All of a sudden, all of the keyboard commandos who never use or used their rifles are jumping ship.

Ihave purchased 2 in the last years used off ingo. They seem to be fine but do not get used extensively. Never experienced any issues with them but I do not jump from a hovering helo and run through the jungle/desert either.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Ihave purchased 2 in the last years used off ingo. They seem to be fine but do not get used extensively. Never experienced any issues with them but I do not jump from a hovering helo and run through the jungle/desert either.

I've put hundreds of rounds through rifles with them and other than a battery compartment issue (corrosion leading to intermittent connection requiring replacement of the battery compartment), the only real complaint I have with them is that it is awkward to turn them on in the middle of the night when critter is in the chicken yard. That is why I switched to Aimpoint: leave it on and forget about it. I vastly preferred the expanded field of view of the EOTech.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line

The extreme weather conditions that cause issues do not exist in the Hoosier.

I agree with your statement. The folks I know who do use theirs extensively (and live in the midwest) saw this court report and said, "Huh. I've never had any issues with mine." Those who mounted one on their rifle a few years ago, shot it once or twice since, and read the report said, "Sweet! Free Aimpoint upgrade!"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've put hundreds of rounds through rifles with them and other than a battery compartment issue (corrosion leading to intermittent connection requiring replacement of the battery compartment), the only real complaint I have with them is that it is awkward to turn them on in the middle of the night when critter is in the chicken yard. That is why I switched to Aimpoint: leave it on and forget about it. I vastly preferred the expanded field of view of the EOTech.

I find them awkward to manipulate compared to the StrikeFire or Aimpoint. I have all 3. I am leaning towards the strikeFire these days.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I agree with your statement. The folks I know who do use theirs extensively (and live in the midwest) saw this court report and said, "Huh. I've never had any issues with mine." Those who mounted one on their rifle a few years ago, shot it once or twice since, and read the report said, "Sweet! Free Aimpoint upgrade!"

That is what I am seeing.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I have a relatively recent EXPS3 and I really like it. I bought it in early 14 I think. I have 2 Aimpoint T1s and I prefer the eotech for speedy acquisition, acquisition in prone positions, the ability to use the ring up close, and the small 1 moa reticle dot. The only negative I find is the weight. I have used mine in 2 carbine classes. Probably only 2500 rounds total, not a lot, but some. I always felt like the older Eotechs were sub par, but I felt like the EXPS3 model had evolved into a nice optic. I feel like there is a tendency to generalize them, much like saying all GM vehicles are junk or something like that. Seemed like everywhere I took it I found those who would tell me it was junk...? I doubt I will return mine, Indiana is a moderate climate, but it will be annoying to have someone tell me about the refund and the lawsuit everywhere I go with it!

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    ...the only real complaint I have with them is that it is awkward to turn them on in the middle of the night when critter is in the chicken yard. That is why I switched to Aimpoint: leave it on and forget about it. I vastly preferred the expanded field of view of the EOTech.

My feelings too. I have an XPS 2.0 that I bought when the XPS line was introduced. It's handled going from a warm house/truck to banging 100% IPSC steel at 200 yards with snow on the ground with no issues, and it's done it many times over the years I've owned it. It's done everything that I could ask a RDS to do except stay turned on 24/7 for years at a time, which is why I switched to Aimpoint. But as long as I am the weak link in the shooting chain I see no reason to return it. Hell, in 20 years it may become a rare, uber collectible optic...

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Yup. Non-issue here except for keyboard operators.

mike46060

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    Hamilton Co.
    I actually saw the problem with mine last year. It was 16°F last year during opening weekend and you could clearly see that the reticle was getting dimmer.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an EOTech hater. I absolutely love them and I have no idea what i'm going to replace them with. But I had $1300 tied up in optics that may not have a warranty for. I'm still keeping my 3x magnifier.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I actually saw the problem with mine last year. It was 16°F last year during opening weekend and you could clearly see that the reticle was getting dimmer.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an EOTech hater. I absolutely love them and I have no idea what i'm going to replace them with. But I had $1300 tied up in optics that may not have a warranty for. I'm still keeping my 3x magnifier.

Has anyone actually received AND CASHED a refund check yet?

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    All my brothers in the Gulf and overseas that used them in 'actual' operations never complained about them. I myself have never had a problem with mine. Will I switch? Probably, since the warranty issue is now in question. But I will miss the durability and familiarity.

Top Bottom