• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    I'm not sure what has been in decline. Life expectancy is up, crime is down, various attempts at quantifying happiness suggest that is up, infant survival is up, real income is generally up, social mobility is up...I have a telephone that fits in my pocket that allows me to search nearly the sum of all of mankind's knowledge within a few seconds, with no real restrictions...

Everyone tells me everything is bad, but everything around me is good. Sure there are injustices and impingements on my liberty that I want to see removed...but I'm freer than almost any other human who ever lived. It might be that I can get myself into some kind of indentured servitude via spending more than I make, or I can screw up and become the focus of authoritarians looking to exercise their power, but that has always been the case and probably more so in the past than now. Most certainly there is work left to do but give up? I don't think so.

Everyone says the US is about to topple over. It isn't. Turn on Deliverance, made in the 70s, and you'll find the same character you see right here and on the dystopian fantasy forum, predicting doom and gloom. They weren't right then, why should we believe them now?

You are about to become less free than most people in this country have ever been. Obamacare will literally dictate everything you do in your life, from gun ownership, to eating salty foods, to bungee jumping if you want to, to smoking a cigarette if you want to, it has provision to allow people to come to your home to inspect how you raise your kids, they will use the IRS to enforce every single thing they feel like doing when it comes to obamacare, you want health care? you want your kids to get care? Give them full access to all information and every decision you make. This is free? So you are "freer" than anyone who lived but you recognize they are taking some liberties? See how it works, its done slowly over time while you compare yourself to the others and say "see its not so bad right"? then you wake up one day and realize you have thrown it all away, as many people are doing right now in this country. I guess if freer you mean you are now allowed to be arrested or drone striked for no reason other than the gov't wants you to be? You can be held indefinitely with no trial as long as they say, they can spy on you for any reason they feel, illegals are given just as many rights as you now, and some people believe they are treated better than actual citizens, i mean come on. The simple facts are these, 1/2 of the country is on gov't assistance of some sort. we are 16 trillion in debt. we spend 1.6 trillion more than we take it with no budget to take care of this problem. We have a gov't ready to legalize 15 million democrat voters, and allow the U.N. to regulate the american people's GUNS. Europe is an absolute MESS, remember the country just taking people's money in their accounts? Bailouts, countries going broke, our own country is already BROKE and we are borrowing and spending more, tell me how this is the same as a movie in the 70's? What will it take for you to believe this country is about to topple? 30 trillion in debt? Our stockmarket is pure gov't paper, no real assets, they have already discussed the gov't taking your 401k, i mean what more do you need? Oh and infant survival is WAAYYYYY DOWN, they are KILLING THEM, that is unless you dont believe in science, religion, or doing the right thing..... infant survival, my goodness. The gov't just threatened and made the developer of 3D printed guns take his information off the net. They have bills in congress ready to crack down on the internet, thank god republicans run the house. Iran and N. Korea are making NUCLEAR WEAPONS, i guess this is no big deal as we do nothing to stop them. i mean come on. If we dont fix whats happening now, we dont have a chance, we're already way past the point of no pain.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    I am not worried as long as people who accept him have God and anyone who supports the constitution has guns.

God and guns will protect our republic in my opinion.

Youtube has the lynyrd skynyrd song. I am going to send the link to the entire democratic caucus as well some rhino's like McCain.

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Somewhere
    I love ingo, i love the political section, over the past few weeks i've been reading a lot on here and everything i see pisses me off and makes me depressed about who is in charge of this country and what the left is doing daily to screw us over. I'm sick of reading what i already know yet somehow cant stop checking the section.."to see what obama did today". I think i'm just gonna stop reading it all and just say bye bye to what we once knew. it was fun right!?!? now its a willful destruction of freedom and the transition to tyranny through lies and deceit. I thought i'd just blow off some steam i guess. They openly mock, hate, abuse, and screw us over and use the gov'ts powers to do so while we do nothing. I almost wish we would all get together and put a stop to it, i think thats coming and the only real way to stop it, voting obviously is a sham, we know they cheat, we know our votes mean nothing in national elections, the fed is too big, i just wish it would all end. well have a great memorial weekend!!

A-freak'n-men!

We have more laws concerning gambling than we do voting. I believe this sums up our country well.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    You seem to be stuck on the word worry. I don't sit and worry...don't want people to worry. It's unproductive. I never said anyone should worry...you put those words in my mouth so you could hack on your desired straw man, or for some other unknown reason.

I'm asking you when your predictions will come true, how is that a straw man?

There is a potential for trouble due to the economic and political decisions that continue to be made

That statement is largely meaningless. There is potential for a meteor to strike me in the head while riding my bike down the street.

I think Casey's analysis still stands pretty well. Timing is always the bugaboo, but within the next 7.5 years doesn't seem unreasonable for something to happen.

This gets somewhere, but I still don't know what 'something' is. Will I not be able to walk into any of a dozen McDonalds' within a reasonable distance of my house, and buy a cheeseburger? Will they not take my US dollars?

I'm not worried about it

If it will let us have a conversation I'll be happy to just say you post about economic collapse often.

Edit: Regarding your alleged ability to transport yourself across the country without being asked about what you're doing or why you're doing it, you must not venture too close to international borders, especially those in the SouthWest

I do not, though I am a skinny pale white guy so I don't foresee any problems. I did go to Canada and Switzerland last year and did not have problems going to/from.

regarding the top flight education, congratulations, not everyone in this country has that opportunity

I would say that apart from a small percentage of people who's day to day realities prevent them from fully participating in the education process, most simply don't seize what opportunities there are.

regarding the top flight health care, prepare to watch that decline due to economic decisions made by this President and congress, as well as quite a few others dating back to LBJ; these things are cumulative.

I'm planning to run on up to Canada if I get sick.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You are about to become less free than most people in this country have ever been. Obamacare will literally dictate everything you do in your life, from gun ownership, to eating salty foods, to bungee jumping if you want to, to smoking a cigarette if you want to, it has provision to allow people to come to your home to inspect how you raise your kids, they will use the IRS to enforce every single thing they feel like doing when it comes to obamacare, you want health care? you want your kids to get care? Give them full access to all information and every decision you make. This is free? So you are "freer" than anyone who lived but you recognize they are taking some liberties? See how it works, its done slowly over time while you compare yourself to the others and say "see its not so bad right"? then you wake up one day and realize you have thrown it all away, as many people are doing right now in this country. I guess if freer you mean you are now allowed to be arrested or drone striked for no reason other than the gov't wants you to be? You can be held indefinitely with no trial as long as they say, they can spy on you for any reason they feel, illegals are given just as many rights as you now, and some people believe they are treated better than actual citizens, i mean come on. The simple facts are these, 1/2 of the country is on gov't assistance of some sort. we are 16 trillion in debt. we spend 1.6 trillion more than we take it with no budget to take care of this problem. We have a gov't ready to legalize 15 million democrat voters, and allow the U.N. to regulate the american people's GUNS. Europe is an absolute MESS, remember the country just taking people's money in their accounts? Bailouts, countries going broke, our own country is already BROKE and we are borrowing and spending more, tell me how this is the same as a movie in the 70's? What will it take for you to believe this country is about to topple? 30 trillion in debt? Our stockmarket is pure gov't paper, no real assets, they have already discussed the gov't taking your 401k, i mean what more do you need? Oh and infant survival is WAAYYYYY DOWN, they are KILLING THEM, that is unless you dont believe in science, religion, or doing the right thing..... infant survival, my goodness. The gov't just threatened and made the developer of 3D printed guns take his information off the net. They have bills in congress ready to crack down on the internet, thank god republicans run the house. Iran and N. Korea are making NUCLEAR WEAPONS, i guess this is no big deal as we do nothing to stop them. i mean come on. If we dont fix whats happening now, we dont have a chance, we're already way past the point of no pain.

Interestingly enough, this is incorrect. Our nation routinely goes through "hills and valleys." We are currently in a valley (albeit, a deep one).

Top Bottom