So, an interesting thing happened tonight.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gordy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    Newton Co.
    I'm with everyone that says it's NONE OF THEIR F***ING BUSINESS. What next? Are you going to let them in your home for the same reason? I would tell them to get an F***ING warrant, then let them take a pic of my ass.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    "I'm paid up for a week" I would have left right after I explained to the officer I was O.K. It's no ones business what you have delivered to your Temp residence. We're waiting for the name of the establishment and wondering why you put up with the unlawful questioning?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Bates Motel?
    400px-BatesS1E10_05.jpg

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Not gun related but here's an interesting hotel story:

Back in the late 80s/early 90s, I was on a a business trip to Pontiac MI. The evening previous to the incident, I left a wake call request with the front desk. As often happens though when I travel, I didn't sleep good that night and woke up early. I decided to go ahead and get a shower and get ready for work.

While I was in the shower, i heard the phone ring. Thinking they'll figure it out, I disregarded it and continued on with my business. About 2-3 minutes later I heard a knocking at my door. Again, thinking they'd figure it out or it was somebody at the wrong room or whatever, I continued on.

But then the knocking got louder and a bit more intense. So now I'm thinking the hotel must be on fire or something, I got out of the shower and made myself decent and checked the dooe. When I saw the relief on the two hotel staff members, it dawned on me...it was Pontiac, MI and Dr Kervorkian was still in business.

I never did go back and check to see if that particular hotel was one of his sites but I could understand the hotel's apprehension.

Some Hotels have a policy that if you don't receive your wakeup call you don't have to pay for the room. They might have been more concerned about the room fee :dunno:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I've had packages arrive previously with poor labeling that didn't have my name on the outside, so they were opened to check the invoice. Also, today's packages included items from 'Tactical Deals' and 44Mag.com. Either way, I'm on great terms with everyone on staff I've actually met. In all honesty, the officer seemed about as confused as I did during the interaction.

After reading this for the second time I going to have to call BS :bs:
    I find it hard to believe the front desk would open the package and assume the liability for the contents. If they can't read the name then it would have been returned to sender.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    After reading this for the second time I going to have to call BS :bs:
    I find it hard to believe the front desk would open the package and assume the liability for the contents. If they can't read the name then it would have been returned to sender.

Yeah, we don't open packages.. not even sure that is legal. It wouldn't be for a USPS package, for sure.
    Why any hotel would be looking at their guests parcels that closely is beyond me..

Unless we know the guest, we rarely call them if they get a package and have already checked out. Why?
    "Hi, this is Jim from Bates Motel, is Bob Smith there?"
    "What?? When did my husband Bob stay at a HOTEL???" :whistle:

We get ammo, parts, etc for guests on a surprisingly regular basis.

1371MARINE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    The Region
    a local officer who's there to do a 'welfare check'.

a "welfare check" is asking if you're ok or in need of help, NOT invading your privacy or asking for ID and certainly not taking pictures of you and your personal belongings. A total invasion IMO

Top Bottom