• ...and so much more!
  • oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Here's another breathless snow forecast. My weather app is predicting 17" - 25" of snow for The Fort Wednesday and Thursday. My brother sent me this: 31". Guess I'd better camp out at Kroger for the next 2 days.Screenshot_20220130-221557_Messages.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Caught an interview with the weatherman's wife today.

She said "Expect less than half the inches he talks about."

A forecast is never 100% spot on, but look at the prediction map. Over 2 feet expected in Lafayette.
    If they (we, I'm half hr north of that) get even half of what's predicted, that's over a foot of snow.
    Plenty enough to make a mess of things for a good while.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    A forecast is never 100% spot on, but look at the prediction map. Over 2 feet expected in Lafayette.
    If they (we, I'm half hr north of that) get even half of what's predicted, that's over a foot of snow.
    Plenty enough to make a mess of things for a good while.

Do you like to wager?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Do you have a link?

Feed me!
    Explicitly admitted by a TV news producer friend. He told a great story from the 80’s in another state, the weatherman predicted a 2 inch snow but they got 10 inches of snow, the phones blew up with angry viewers complaining and calling the weatherman an idiot. At a later point, the weatherman expected a 2 inch snow but predicted a 10 inch snow, they got the 2 inches of snow. Not a single complaint call and ratings were up for the week.

Using that story as the model I told an Indy news producer that I met, that I believed the media exaggerated the forecasts to get ratings, I expected denials, nope, he laughed and said of course.

Over the years of observation I cannot remember when we got more snow than predicted, maybe close, usually less, sometimes significantly less…

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Explicitly admitted by a TV news producer friend. He told a great story from the 80’s in another state, the weatherman predicted a 2 inch snow but they got 10 inches of snow, the phones blew up with angry viewers complaining and calling the weatherman an idiot. At a later point, the weatherman expected a 2 inch snow but predicted a 10 inch snow, they got the 2 inches of snow. Not a single complaint call and ratings were up for the week.

Using that story as the model I told an Indy news producer that I met, that I believed the media exaggerated the forecasts to get ratings, I expected denials, nope, he laughed and said of course.

Over the years of observation I cannot remember when we got more snow than predicted, maybe close, usually less, sometimes significantly less…
    And every brick and mortar in the area benefits.
    Kroger's sells the shelves clean in a couple of days.
    Home Depot loads out snow shovels and ice melt like mad.
    Gloves and long johns,
    Gas tanks are topped off etc and so on.
    French toast sales peoples.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    And every brick and mortar in the area benefits.
    Kroger's sells the shelves clean in a couple of days.
    Home Depot loads out snow shovels and ice melt like mad.
    Gloves and long johns,
    Gas tanks are topped off etc and so on.
    French toast sales peoples.
    Well I will go jump on the band wagon in the morning. We're out of salt at the church, so I better go pick up a couple bags just to make sure have some for whatever we may get. And, my daughter just closed on a house a week ago so I should probably make sure she has some salt and a snow shovel.
    I think I've got the other bases covered. If it gets real bad there are some seriously large squirrels in my neighborhood lol. French toast is good but just doesn't stick with me lol

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I wish we would, living down by the Ohio River it always seems to split any snow chance. Either it stays south of the river or just north at jennings co line

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville

Friday... They called for a dusting and we got 3 inches. I think it even caught the street departments off guard.

Top Bottom