• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Sippin on some syzzer.(not realy), just coffee. This is not that bad. Tickets for being on the road ... Stupid. If you wanna be a dumb ass you should be able to be. Emergency personnel will be out and about regardless. If they can't get to you before you freeze then so sorry it's your fault.

So if an ambulance needs to get through and its being led by a snowplow to get someone to the hospital and your dumb ass is planted in the middle of the road stuck. Whose fault is it the person dies in the ambulance?

You need to think outside of the car...and what its impact could be on others if you get stuck.

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    36   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    wind picked up around 7:00 pm still snowing lightly ! but it is blowing around ! Temp has dropped it is down around 22 Degrees !
    My work is cancelled for tomorrow so i think i will have an adult beverage !

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I was out and about today, My daughter left her phone charger at grandma's. (life threatening emergency for a teenager, plus we ran out of dog food) Visibility real bad, but no problems driving in a lifted 4x4 Super Duty. Pulled a Jeep out of a ditch. (didn't even have to hit the lockers) Then we went drift busting out in the back 40 when we got back... (hit the lockers for that one) You can't even see our tracks now. Real test comes in the morning. See if my fuel treatment keeps the diesel from gelling in the sub-zero.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So if an ambulance needs to get through and its being led by a snowplow to get someone to the hospital and your dumb ass is planted in the middle of the road stuck. Whose fault is it the person dies in the ambulance?

You need to think outside of the car...and what its impact could be on others if you get stuck.
    Well it won't be my dumb ass in the car because I'm not dumb enough to drive in this ****. People die everyday. If they die in the ambulance odds are they were ****ed anyways.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington

I would hope that if an emergency vehicle needs through, they would plow abandoned stuck vehicles out of the way.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I would hope that if an emergency vehicle needs through, they would plow abandoned stuck vehicles out of the way.
    I would hope so as well.

Well it won't be my dumb ass in the car because I'm not dumb enough to drive in this ****. People die everyday. If they die in the ambulance odds are they were ****ed anyways.

I'll check back when its your family involved.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Talked to my neighbor tonight who is a detective with the Sheriffs Department. They were allowing any deputy with a 4wd vehicle to use that. They also had national guardsman in humvee's taking them to calls. I bet the city police had all their former military vehicles out (blazers, humvees, maybe even the MRAP).

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    REALLY windy here. We got a bunch of rain so folks are worried about power lines breaking. It's getting cold fast.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    The contractor who plows the neighborhood has been down our court. Has to be a truck destroying job. They have no alternative but to plow the driveways closed so I broke out the snow blower for the 4th time. The neighbors may not have been overjoyed to hear me plowing away at 10:30 but the pile was already beginning to get hard frozen. By morning it will take a pick axe to break it up. I can get out now with no problem. There will certainly be some drifting to deal with but the street looks passable for just about anything right now. I've got piles of snow that will be here until May.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Just got off the phone with our minister. Church has a bunch of stranded motorists staying the night from nearby I-65. I may have to fire up the big truck to go get anyone who needs a warm place to stay. I got my anti-gel fuel treatment in. Could use some prayers my diesel fuel don't gel in the coming sub-zero.

Dear Lord. Thank you for 4 wheel drive, big tires, and lockers at both ends...

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Shoveled my drive twice today, noon and 4pm. The second time around there was about 4" of new stuff on the ground. I went outside around 10pm and measured, and including what was already there I have 9" under a tree in my front yard, and 16" in the center of my back deck. I didn't bother measuring the drifts, but the piles on both sides of my driveway are waist high. It'll be interesting to see what it looks like in the morning because I can hear a lot of wind out there.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Snow is pretty much done here except for blowing snow. Temperatures are quickly dropping, temp right now in Greenfield is @ 10.3 degrees not including the wind.

Top Bottom