• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Just drove from Greentown, to Kokomo and back. Heavy accumulation and speeds reduced to 20MPH. Visibility was 1/4 mile when we left. Dropped to 100-200 yards on the return trip due to blowing snow. The streets in Kokomo were at least 12" deep in fresh snow. Time to hunker down for the night.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't know what all this sturm und drang is all about. I'm just sitting here in my home in Terre Haute all snuggly and warm and eating a bowl of apricot ice cream.

The fact that there's about 10" of snow in the street, and more coming down, doesn't affect me in the least.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Marshall County just declared a state of emergency. Nobody is allowed on the roads until the order is lifted.

"Due to the deteriorating conditions caused by the severe winter storm, the Marshall County Board of Commissioners has issued an Emergency Declaration regarding travel upon roadways in the un-incorporated areas of the county.

Full order found here:
    Emergency decalaration restricts travel on roads | The Pilot News

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Lake County Commissioners and Sheriff declared the unincorporated parts of the county (where I live) closed to all traffic except emergency vehicles.

Porter County announced they are closing at 6pm this evening. They are even pulling their snowplows off the roads.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Okay. Now it's starting to affect me. Snow load + winds kicking up = dead limb came down in the back yard and dropped the phone line. I'm still able to post this, so it's all good. Just something more to watch out for.

I hear ya I just went out to "save" my beautiful pruned trees and bushes were all touching the ground, so I had to go save them, now they look as if they been inside all day:)
    The power lines are reaaaly sagging as I hold my breath, I have the heat cranked, windows sealed, and jams playin as I wipe down my M44.
    Gawd I hope the power doesnt go out:nailbite:

Mitthoeffer and E10th

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Starke county is at the warning level effective 5 p.m. and plows will be pulled shortly after that. still snowing.....getting colder and windier.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    We have received over a foot of new snow. Blowing and drifting is making travel difficult. Many cars are disabled on roads. Lots of scanner traffic regarding stranded motorists. Time to run out for milk, eggs and bread. Perhaps I'll order a pizza.

Top Bottom