• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2008
    Undisclosed Location
    Here's another story to show you cosmopolitan Gary, Indiana. My brother in law helped construct the baseball stadium, the Steel Yard. He said that they worked at night and were fired upon quite often. For some reason that bit of information was never reported in the newspapers. After it was built, I went to a game at the Steel Yard and I thought marshal law had been declared. There were police officers all the way around the stadium, the parking lot and the restaurant, Bennigans. They were probably spaced about 25 yards apart. The police presence was even greater after the game.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    The DNR should open a hunting season there on gang members.... Just saying ??????? lol, I don't know if I should of added purple or not ???

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Here's another story to show you cosmopolitan Gary, Indiana. My brother in law helped construct the baseball stadium, the Steel Yard. He said that they worked at night and were fired upon quite often. For some reason that bit of information was never reported in the newspapers. After it was built, I went to a game at the Steel Yard and I thought marshal law had been declared. There were police officers all the way around the stadium, the parking lot and the restaurant, Bennigans. They were probably spaced about 25 yards apart. The police presence was even greater after the game.
    Still a great ball field and the Bennigans is closed. Sure there is a large police presents with a lot in street clothes and enjoy how they have a lot of activities for the kids there.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Still a great ball field and the Bennigans is closed. Sure there is a large police presents with a lot in street clothes and enjoy how they have a lot of activities for the kids there.

WAIT! That means you can't enjoy a Monte Cristo while you're being murdered! That simply won't do at all.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I just don't know if I can ever trust you now . . . that thing was wretched.

Ok, the AR-180 was cool . . . and some other guns were cool but the move was just awful.

Fred Williamson, Jim Brown, Pam Grier....taking back the streets...shot in and around Gary? I didn't say it was great, I said it wasn't horrible. The worst thing about it is the fact that it couldn't, and didn't actually work.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    WAIT! That means you can't enjoy a Monte Cristo while you're being murdered! That simply won't do at all.

The ball field is very nice and the police make sure spectators and their cars are looked after.....although I can't speak to what the rest of the city is like when the police are around the stadium.

....and aren't all​ Bennigan's closed?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If you're at the Steelyard, look north, find a tall blue building with steam coming out of it, and wave. I'll try to wave back.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So what started Gary's decay?

I can't help you since it was well before my time. When my late stepfather was a kid, gang fights were a daily occurrence almost exclusively in form of the black kids from public schools against the Catholic kids from the parochial school. In fact, one of those fights was ultimately responsible for his death. As the shrimp in the group, his job was to hit the deck, crawl in, and, well, aim low. That one day, a baseball bat connected with his head which caused an aneurysm which opened up the next day when he flipped a sled. Fast forward a few decades and the material used to seal the aneurysm dissolved and by the time anyone realized that there was anything wrong, it was too late.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I can't help you since it was well before my time. When my late stepfather was a kid, gang fights were a daily occurrence almost exclusively in form of the black kids from public schools against the Catholic kids from the parochial school. In fact, one of those fights was ultimately responsible for his death. As the shrimp in the group, his job was to hit the deck, crawl in, and, well, aim low. That one day, a baseball bat connected with his head which caused an aneurysm which opened up the next day when he flipped a sled. Fast forward a few decades and the material used to seal the aneurysm dissolved and by the time anyone realized that there was anything wrong, it was too late.

Catholic school gangs are bad-azz...

236-1.JPG

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Catholic school gangs are bad-azz...

236-1.JPG

The ones from Gary was a lot tougher back in the day.

I might also add that my use of the word 'gang' is not what one might think. It centered entirely around mutual protection, not acting as a criminal enterprise.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I heard it was some kind of flight?

You mean that secret air raid by the Germans during World War II using their secret bomb that kills productive people while leaving the non-productive types that was supposed to shut down the steel mills?

Top Bottom