• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VanillaThunder

Shooter
    Rating - 94.5%
    52   3   0
    Aug 13, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I hunt with a T/C Triumph, camo and weather shield. Topped with a Nikn Omega.... I shoot 150gr of White Hots pellets and a 250gr Shockwave sabot slug. This was one shot at 100yds sighting in this summer:

050f607d.jpg

And this was one shot at 70 yds a couple weeks ago:

95328d7d.jpg

Anonym

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 2, 2010
    Orange County
    I've got a custom TC Renegade with a Green Mountain roundball barrel that shoots great with 80grain of powder. When the weather is bad or my mood changes, I take out my Encore. Both are naked with no glass, and I'm seriously considering a peep sight for the Encore. Both will are fantastic shooters.

jdoxs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Me too. I only shoot patched round balls and real black powder in mine. Others prefer different and that is of course their right, but I only like muzzle loaders that are traditional.

Terry
    I'm a die-hard traditionalist as well, a .54 Cal. patched round ball and flint lock rifle only!,... The strange and funny thing for me, is that now after 47 year of that tradition, out of necessity I started using a .50 Cal. Mossberg M.L. barrel for M.L. deer season (I hunt with a 500A during firearms season). The whole idea was that after having my left knee replaced last year, I had to give up tree stands and switch to ground blinds. My ground blind is just too small to accommodate me along with the 39 inch barrel on my flint lock. Even when I set diagonally (corner to corner), it just doesn't swing real well. But hey!,.. I am using a .50 Cal. Minie bullet in the Mossberg,..lol!

old man Bill

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I won't get out this year due to some health issues but if I did I would be using my Harrington and Richardson .58 with 90 gr of 2F and a Great Plaines mini. I've taken deer with a Bass Pro .50 kit gun that was a gift, a, .45 flinter I built from a Chambers kit, a .45 C&B Cumberland Deer Creek long barrel and a .45 C&B TC Cougar. All of these, except the H&R are traditional side locks and that's my preference. BTW, there is a black powder forum under the General Discussion banner we're trying to get noticed by the INGO police so, if you want to further this kind of discussion it would help to post there....a lot. I have 4 of my BP long guns for sale just don't know where to post them on INGO. If interested; billbettag@aol.com
    Bill

randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    CVA Apex

used my Cva Apex .50 ml. Shooting a 245 gr Powerbelt on top of 90 gr Blackhorn 209. Owned this for three years and this was my first two shots at deer, 5 minutes apart.
    photobucket-38721-1355075335962.jpg

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Mine doesn't smoke..it is a Savage ML II, one of only a few MZs made that is capable of shooting "smokeless powder"..(high power rifle and pistol powder).

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    CVA Optima with a Nikon 3-9x40. First year hunting with it, took a nice mature doe and this young buck.

295gr Aerotip Powderbelts with 2 pellets of triple 7.

Vs2y4.jpg

Last edited:

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    This is my first season with a ML, 50 cal cva wolf. 2 pellets of triple seven with scorpion hollow pt sabot. I took one nice doe with it before Xmas, fingers crossed for another one tomorrow morning.

Silver-z28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Henry County
    T/C Prohunter 150gr 250gr shockwave. With a Nikon omega bdc 0-300 scope been a deadly combo for me over the years. Have taken over 20 deer with it. We usually dont need to hit the meat counter at the stores. I had a boyd stock setup I recently sold going to go back to the pro hunter stock can get a better grip on the gun that way.

Top Bottom