• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Congrats. I'm 2 weeks off any sodas and caffeine. Sick of drinking my calories. Here is hoping the cravings subside quickly for you.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Stick with it. You will be so much better off in the long run. Congrats on getting this far. :yesway:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Good for you! I wish I could offer up sage words of wisdom, but I am one of the few for whom cigs held no addictive qualities. But lots of people have done it and so can you. Every one you don't smoke is an improvement. Lad remember, if you fall off, get right back on. You don't have to smoke a whole pack just because you smoke one or two.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Great job...hang in there. DO NOT GIVE IN TO EVEN ONE SMOKE. You're doing great. Keep yourself busy, pre-occupied. Get some exercise when the urge to smoke hits.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    well 3 days ago i throwed the ol' Camels down......boy this is tough!!!!!:(

Keep going brother, I'm at 2 days :) I've done several weeks/months before, but I always end up coming back! Keep fighting the good fight! If you drink at all, stop that for the first few weeks also! A beer or 2 always made me light up again after I hadn't in weeks!

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    I have been smoke free for over 2 years now and I still find myself craving a smoke every once in a great while.

The first couple months(about 3-5 months for me as a pack and a half a day smoker for about 18-20 years) will suck, and even though a lot of people don't like to hear this... all it takes is the willpower to say "NO" to yourself when you get to craving one and shortly there after the craving will pass. Keep it up and you will feel so much better in the long run.:rockwoot:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I had to have open heart surgery because of my smoking - not the funnest experience but was the biggest - Congrats on your 3 days - I haven't smoked in 3 1/2 years and still want one every once in a while just like you will - you really just have to get pissed off enough at the cigarettes for what they do to you, noticeable heart arithmia with a system rush from lack of oxy and a fake buzz that wears off in 5 mins followed by noticeable dts til the next one, and say I'm stronger - you are bro just have to prove it to yourself - Congrats again for your 3 days - I know it really sux but tomorrow you can say 4 and next week you can say 11 - if you do pick them up you can put them down too - Good luck man - I know it sounds corny but your life's worth it or at least it should be to you anyways -don't be like me and almost loose your life before you realize that - just think camel's taking your $ and killing you with it - pissed me off enough - Good luck again and Congrats! You got this :rockwoot:

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    You got this bro! A craving lasts four minutes... So when you get one, find something to occupy your mind, and get you off wanting the smokes!

Im creeping up on 7 months on the 22nd. I cant wait!

Kick the habit now, before your life gets difficult for smoking in July when most the state is a smoke-free zone (and I cant wait, Im tired of smelling it, LOL!)

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    i lost a best friend of 31 years....

Your best friend wouldn't make you a slave. Your best friend wouldn't drain your wallet. And if you can't change your friends then change your friends.

Find a friend that really cares about you, and your health.

I'm proud of ya, and would like to shake your hand. :thumbsup:

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I now own an AR because of my quitting just under a year ago. It is hard as hell for the first few months but it does get easier.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Keep it up, you really are over the hardest part.

When i quit and had cravings, I would reassure my self that I made the right decision to quit. I had a problem with finding a reason that smoking a cigarette was ok "just this once"... that kne cigarette may ebd up costing you $50,000 if you pick up the habbit again and never kick it.... now is the time... be proud as hell of your self. I really do think of quitting smiking as big of an accomolishment as doing back to back Iron Man triathalons... (140 miles each)

Top Bottom