• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Idiot. Seriously, this isnt an adrenaline thing, its just stupidity.

You don't see any usefulness in all the data that will come from this experiment? I wonder if Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong were stupid too? Maybe to some, but to others, they were hero's for doing what others couldn't/wouldn't in the name of human advancement.

Sacrifices are made everyday by those who wish to test the limits of human existence. They are all useful in their own way.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I predict they find a suit full of a jelly like substance when it's all over with.
    More likely toasted jelly unless he has a heat shield. Not sure what one could learn from this. Incoming astronauts come in a hellavalot faster, but with much better protection. Adrenaline junky, daredevil stunt, RedBull promotion, money. Science? What's the minimal amount of protection needed to plunge from about 23 miles up. If he survives (no equip't malfunction) then the next guy should try it in a hoodie and Ray-Bans. Just don't land in/near a gun store.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    You don't see any usefulness in all the data that will come from this experiment? I wonder if Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong were stupid too? Maybe to some, but to others, they were hero's for doing what others couldn't/wouldn't in the name of human advancement.

Sacrifices are made everyday by those who wish to test the limits of human existence. They are all useful in their own way.

Neil and Buzz didnt have the options of using the modern computer technology that we can today.... But whatever. Not my life. Live and let live I suppose.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I'm sure they've researched this well enough to know that he can survive this jump. They're not sending him to the edge of space in a balloon without knowing everything they can about the environment he'll be in.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I am confused.... the site says the 10/10 launch was stopped at 11:42 AM New Mexico time....That is still a few hours away?

cromus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    I believe the date on the site is wrong. That described what happened yesterday (10/9/12)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    balloon-boy-iphone-wallpaper1.jpg

nmcqueen469

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Whitley County
    Mark your calendars for Sunday morning.

The sheer size of the launch balloon is staggering. 700 feet tall at ground level when inflated, holds 30 million cubic feet of helium, 1/10th the thickness of a Ziploc baggie, covers 40 acres if spread out flat! Crazy!

David202

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Mark your calendars for Sunday morning.

The sheer size of the launch balloon is staggering. 700 feet tall at ground level when inflated, holds 30 million cubic feet of helium, 1/10th the thickness of a Ziploc baggie, covers 40 acres if spread out flat! Crazy!

This is really scary. I'm guessing it is a strong material, but that is still insane. Now I'm wondering how his capsule is attached to the balloon.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I don't believe it's a hoax; There already has been high jumps like that, just not that high. The current record was from 1960. I believe the long term goal for this sort of thing is a 'cheap' way for astronauts to bail out in an emergency instead of relying of escape craft of some sort.

Top Bottom